Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-02-2012, 18:46 PM  
God Save the Queen - MP3Unsigned New Comp
Legacy Legacy is offline 25-02-2012, 18:46 PM

God Save the Queen! It’s the Queens’ Diamond Jubilee Year! And it’s time for a comp.

+Objective – Make a track to celebrate (or not) the Queens Jubilee 2012.
+Rules – There are no Rules. What happens in the Jubilee thread stays in the Jubilee thread. Please limit your efforts to one track though, and that is all I ask.
+Genres – All genres get involved!
+Location – Post your tracks on your own pages and promote your MP3Unsigned page and entry on Facebook or any other site you choose to. Post the main link here for everyone to hear. Please allow Downloads of your track for people to listen to easily when not on Mp3Unsigned, and to burn to CD if they so please. Feel free to upload your track to other online sites such as Soundcloud, but please mention the comp on Mp3Unsigned in your track write ups and maybe encourage others also to get involved if you feel inclined. Some of your other online site friends may well like to support your work here and also get involved in the community.
+Deadline – April 30th 2012
+Judging – I ask that you refrain from voting until the comp has ended and the last entry is in. Then please send your votes to Darth, Grey B or myself, Legacy. Your vote will be collected along with any other members of mp3Unsigned that may vote and the person with the most votes wins. We will announce the winner after all votes have been entered and counted for. Deadline for votes counted will be May 7th. Your vote will be made public to all other members at the end of the competition along with the results. Members of MP3Unsigned that haven't entered are free to make a vote.
+Prize – The Pleasure of being the Best in this particular comp. No incentives, just pride on the line. Please remember we do this for free, for love of this site and we don’t always have incentives for you. We provide a network, platform and support for your talents.

Good luck Everyone! Please get involved and we look forward to hearing your works of art

Legacy.

Last edited by Legacy; 09-03-2012 at 20:40 PM..

Legacy
Views: 9613
Old 27-02-2012, 23:34 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyB View Post
Actually, that post reads like it isn't all right for a moderator to have a "bit of banter" at your expenses but it's quite all right for you to "have a bit of banter" at a moderator's expense.

"Anal", as it happens, is a perfectly acceptable term, first coined by Sigmund Freud to designate the characteristics of meticulousness, parsimoniousness and obstinacy which tend to be found in tripartite form in many individuals.

And, yes, I thought your post about women (given that there was absolutely no attempt to signify it was banter by the inclusion of any sort of emoticon) was insulting and sexist and you should apologise for it.
Yes, there are many times I think it should be unacceptable for a moderator to attempt banter. Having never conversed with legacy before and for them to refer to someone as anal then this reflects on them and the site. It's not an equal two-way thing and this should be recognized - if I have a laugh and a banter then everyone knows it is me making those remarks. I have no-idea who legacy is and this makes it different.

Secondly I think you need to revisit what anal means. Not gonna bore anyone with this but suffice to say it can mean anal-retentive or anal-expulsive (both are opposite). These are the terms coined by Freud I believe. I would aslo point out that Freud, in a lot of psycho analytical circles, is a little discredited in the modern world we live in so NO I don't accept that it is a perfectly acceptable term even I knew which anal type it referred to.

Thirdly, it should be quite clear from the depth to which the thread had plunged that my so-called sexist remarks were actually parodies of tired stereotypes that still carry a certain amount of humour. I seek no defence other than to mention such comedies as Little Britain etc...

But, for the sake of argument, let's say I was attempting to be sexist; to what end, and aimed at who? Maybe legacy (who the well-known clown and trickster mr. mancini said was a women). I barely believe anything he says (lol) and so maybe I was aiming my pungent outburst misogynistically at the whole of femanimity (I realize I'm using a tautology before you correct me).

Well I expect I shall be taunted for the rest of my life by all of womankind for this outrageous behavior.

Andy

Last edited by James Oakwood; 27-02-2012 at 23:36 PM.. Reason: left a bracket out
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2012, 05:40 AM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

James, has it occurred to you that perhaps you know Legacy well in her musician persona, and may have "bantered" with her humorously in the past? Maybe she forgot she was posting as a mod and spoke with you as she normally would.

However, you felt insulted and that it was out of place for a mod, so perhaps she should apologize and we all move on.

On the other hand, perhaps you were indeed being humorous when talking to Ricky, but it didn't appear like it (due to lack of emoticons etc.) and it seemed extreme because an attack on gender is completely irrelevant to the thread.

So maybe it's best if you both apologize for any misunderstandings and we can move on and keep the thread on topic. Cool?

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 28-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Spammers

gigadriver is on a distinguished road

If you are thinking about buying a paintball gun, go see Hydro! He has it covered fo' sure!

Last edited by Legacy; 28-02-2012 at 19:29 PM.. Reason: Blatant spam!
Old 28-02-2012, 09:54 AM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadriver View Post
If you are thinking about buying a paintball gun, the markers manufactured by Tippmann may be at the top of your list. With a reputation for quality and durability, many people who are looking for their first paintball gun turn to the Tippmann brand.

Old 28-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Serendipity.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 28-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Even the spambots have got more personality than you, Andy

all this typing because someone said you're anal

Legacy, call him some more names and then apologize & then it will be worth it.

Last edited by Disfunktional-DJs; 28-02-2012 at 13:04 PM..
Old 28-02-2012, 13:27 PM
Bedroom DJ

Michael Ritchie is on a distinguished road

Entertaining? Absolutely! Why? -because nobody offended anybody and yet people are offended for no reason! I understand both sides of this perdicament -both are right and wrong. Please don't let this get anymore kindergarten then it has already!
Old 28-02-2012, 13:47 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ritchie View Post
both are right and wrong...
How very P.C

Old 28-02-2012, 14:32 PM

Site Coder, Axe Shredder and Banner of Spamming Idiots

Superhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to behold

Cool idea for a comp I reckon, being Irish there are plenty of choice words I could pen All this talk of bums and queens in the one thread... great inspiration for budding song writers entering for this comp.

It would be very interesting to see the mix of entries, would there be many respectful ones or Spitting Image / Sex Pistols types versions or what?

Must pass on a message to the powers that be to rustle up a slide for the homepage and the forum. If there are any designers around who have some suitable ideas and could help out please contact Darth Raver - he's a great designer himself but he's got a LOT on his plate in the real world too (don't mean to be speaking out of line!).
Superhuman = Developing mp3unsigned.com
Darth Raver = Forum Administrator

Any questions?.... ask Darth Raver!

Old 28-02-2012, 15:50 PM

Admin Group

No need, Dave. There's already a new slide up.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned