Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-02-2012, 19:46 PM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
God Save the Queen - MP3Unsigned New Comp
Legacy Legacy is offline 25-02-2012, 19:46 PM

God Save the Queen! It’s the Queens’ Diamond Jubilee Year! And it’s time for a comp.

+Objective – Make a track to celebrate (or not) the Queens Jubilee 2012.
+Rules – There are no Rules. What happens in the Jubilee thread stays in the Jubilee thread. Please limit your efforts to one track though, and that is all I ask.
+Genres – All genres get involved!
+Location – Post your tracks on your own pages and promote your MP3Unsigned page and entry on Facebook or any other site you choose to. Post the main link here for everyone to hear. Please allow Downloads of your track for people to listen to easily when not on Mp3Unsigned, and to burn to CD if they so please. Feel free to upload your track to other online sites such as Soundcloud, but please mention the comp on Mp3Unsigned in your track write ups and maybe encourage others also to get involved if you feel inclined. Some of your other online site friends may well like to support your work here and also get involved in the community.
+Deadline – April 30th 2012
+Judging – I ask that you refrain from voting until the comp has ended and the last entry is in. Then please send your votes to Darth, Grey B or myself, Legacy. Your vote will be collected along with any other members of mp3Unsigned that may vote and the person with the most votes wins. We will announce the winner after all votes have been entered and counted for. Deadline for votes counted will be May 7th. Your vote will be made public to all other members at the end of the competition along with the results. Members of MP3Unsigned that haven't entered are free to make a vote.
+Prize – The Pleasure of being the Best in this particular comp. No incentives, just pride on the line. Please remember we do this for free, for love of this site and we don’t always have incentives for you. We provide a network, platform and support for your talents.

Good luck Everyone! Please get involved and we look forward to hearing your works of art

Legacy.

Last edited by Legacy; 09-03-2012 at 21:40 PM..

Legacy
Views: 10010
Sponsored Links
Old 26-02-2012, 13:03 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
+Objective – Make a track to celebrate (or not) the Queens Jubilee 2012.
Now call me picky (if ya must) but a competition that is open to tracks that celebrate the queen may not pull-in a few North American, French, Australian entries. Thinking about it - the rest of the world in its entirety lol.

Also a track that does "not" celebrate the queens jubilee could mean anything (like a song about smurfs or purple haze) so a little extra tightness on the words may be appropriate cos when the sharp end of the compo arrives folk will get bitchy (esp me).

I take it you mean a song that either celebrates said jubilee or denigrates it.

Picky b4stard
Old 26-02-2012, 13:29 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Oakwood View Post
Now call me picky (if ya must) but a competition that is open to tracks that celebrate the queen may not pull-in a few North American, French, Australian entries. Thinking about it - the rest of the world in its entirety lol.

Also a track that does "not" celebrate the queens jubilee could mean anything (like a song about smurfs or purple haze) so a little extra tightness on the words may be appropriate cos when the sharp end of the compo arrives folk will get bitchy (esp me).

Picky b4stard

Jeez Louise!

Old 26-02-2012, 20:15 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtA View Post
Jeez Louise!
Smelly northern scum who still wears clogs and plays clockwork synthesizers and prexixes every noun with t' (e.g. t'pub, t'wellies t'pie shop etc..)
Old 26-02-2012, 20:50 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

lol A contest is a contest, cool there's no rules and can not celebrate the Queens Jubilee obviously meaning you can give her Thumbs Down, You might however wanna put the rule that the Queens life isn't to be threatened (Directly) in any way, I don't know how your laws work but normally you'd be indicted/arrested for threats of violence...
Old 26-02-2012, 21:27 PM

Legacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Oakwood, you are one ANAL person

Others seem to grasp the concept of this comp. I am sure you can work it out

Hydro, threats to the Queens Life? I doubt that will happen...but Noted for future lol. At least you understand the comp in hand, and you are non UK
Old 26-02-2012, 21:49 PM

*** GIT ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Oakwood, you are one ANAL person

Others seem to grasp the concept of this comp. I am sure you can work it out

Hydro, threats to the Queens Life? I doubt that will happen...but Noted for future lol. At least you understand the comp in hand, and you are non UK
Me being anal is between me and Sigmund freud (and me mother of course). Call me picky or a pedant (because I've implied that) but when it comes to the sharp-end of the judging, if someone has done a song that's bleeding excellent (but doesn't celebrate the queen's jubilee) then they may point to the rules being too slack.

Marty implied he thought i was picky and that's ok - I know who he is and he's a mate so a little teasing is fine.

On the other hand, I don't know who you are Mr. (or Mrs.) Legacy and because you may also be a moderator your "anal" comment could be construed to be rather insulting or condescending - maybe you should PM me who you are so I can understand the potential humour behind what on the face of it is a nasty attack from a person who knows very little about setting competition rules.

Because I don't know you I cannot understand your humour. And because you may be a moderator, you ought to be a tad more careful about what you say.

Andy

Last edited by James Oakwood; 26-02-2012 at 21:55 PM.. Reason: correcting bad english
Old 26-02-2012, 22:30 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Because I don't know you I cannot understand your humour. And because you may be a moderator, you ought to be a tad more careful about what you say.

Andy
HAHAHA That probably applies more to us members then the Mod Squad when speaking to them...
Old 26-02-2012, 22:42 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

I'd have said more than Anal... stop been a bellend...the rules clearly say "There are no Rules." that also means you don't even have to follow the theme because there are NO rules.

you was been very Anal... looking for too much detail. when it clearly says NO rules.

Old 26-02-2012, 23:16 PM

*** GIT ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
I'd have said more than Anal... stop been a bellend...the rules clearly say "There are no Rules." that also means you don't even have to follow the theme because there are NO rules.

you was been very Anal... looking for too much detail. when it clearly says NO rules.
Here's a great example of what I mean....

I know mancini to be a jibester and clown so I take what he says in the spirit of great humour.... and so I smirk and wriggle in fits of laughter at his beautiful and intricate, yet gritty and somewhat northern erm... wit.

Could someone explain... is "anal" an insult based on the sigmund freud stuff - like those people he once described as "analy retentive" or some other "psycho-diagnostic" spin-off from his (now-largely-descreditied and "suspicious") theories about childrens bottoms.

It makes one think... What sort of person is still using Freud's trademark (but as already said, discredited) buzz-words about childrens corn-holes.

It also amuses me when people don't fully read what I've put as in: -

Quote:
If i was being a jerk I wouldn't have tried to help other potential readers of this thread being confused. I hear you say "nobody else was confused" but I was really just trying to be helpful and so I ask the person using outdated child-rectum humour (aka "legacy" the moderator) to show a little restrain lest people misunderstand what they mean.

Last edited by James Oakwood; 26-02-2012 at 23:22 PM..