Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-06-2012, 06:04 AM  
Comp Question...
Hydro Hellsing Hydro Hellsing is offline 25-06-2012, 06:04 AM

Are we (Site Members or just VIP's) allowed to host Competitions and if so are we allowed to give away Prizes not related to Music as long as the Comp's Music Oriented?

Hydro Hellsing
* Pop Star *
Views: 2997
Old 26-06-2012, 19:11 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Oakwood View Post

1) Relevance to the compo i.e. a summery vibe (or pi55-takes on summer)
2) Originality (to my ears)
3) Decent lyrics and decent vocals (if not an instrumental)
4) Decent soloing if not a vocal job
5) Entertaining
6) Decent Production (why so low on the list Andy I heard ya say?....)
Hmmmm....call me anal,but that's a little vague.

Query:''Summery?''....a little clarification please heehee

Sponsored Links
Old 26-06-2012, 20:32 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Quote:
I don't mind judging but i'm not awarding prizes cos darth has already ruled out the "sick things" i'd want to present to winners . If anyone thinks me judging is a bad idea, no problem - it probably is (given my constrained musical tastes).

These are the guideline/rules I gave in another thread if anyone wants to add or suggest modifications: -

1) Relevance to the compo i.e. a summery vibe (or pi55-takes on summer)
2) Originality (to my ears)
3) Decent lyrics and decent vocals (if not an instrumental)
4) Decent soloing if not a vocal job
5) Entertaining
6) Decent Production (why so low on the list Andy I heard ya say?....)

Andy
Now call me picky (if ya must) but a competition that is open to tracks that celebrate summer may not pull-in a few Siberian, Norwegian or Yupik Eskimo entries. Thinking about it - the rest of the frozen world in its entirety lol.

Also a track that is a “Pi55 Take on Summer” could mean anything (like a song about smurfs or purple haze) so a little extra tightness on the words may be appropriate cos when the sharp end of the compo arrives folk will get bitchy (esp me).

I take it you mean a song that either celebrates said summer or denigrates it.

Picky b1tch
Old 26-06-2012, 21:08 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

The trap was set etc........ now i know (well i can assume)
Old 27-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

Its really simple!

1. Enter a track
2. If the voters think it gives them a summer feeling then then it gets a vote
3. The one with the most wins

We all will have a different idea of what summer is all about so there cannot be a definitive set of rules.

Now less chat, more production please

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy
Old 27-06-2012, 19:09 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

^
What he said.

Details of the comp should be up soon - it's looking pretty good so far, as our first members-organised comp. In the meantime, feel free to start working on your Summer tune, whatever that might mean to you.

Good luck! And looking forward to hearing the entries!

D.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 27-06-2012, 21:56 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

What fekkin summer????
Old 28-06-2012, 21:02 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Quote:
Now call me picky (if ya must) but a competition that is open to tracks that celebrate the queen may not pull-in a few North American, French, Australian entries. Thinking about it - the rest of the world in its entirety lol.

Also a track that does "not" celebrate the queens jubilee could mean anything (like a song about smurfs or purple haze) so a little extra tightness on the words may be appropriate cos when the sharp end of the compo arrives folk will get bitchy (esp me).

I take it you mean a song that either celebrates said jubilee or denigrates it.

Picky b4stard
T'was just having a little play with your previous quote Mr Oakwood All good fun intended x
Old 29-06-2012, 00:17 AM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Before I finish my track and enter ! Can I have confirmation that Andy is a judge?

Don't wanna waste peoples time if he is

Old 29-06-2012, 00:27 AM

*** VIP ***

Pidgeman will become famous soon enoughPidgeman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
What fekkin summer????
Of course you live up north, you don't know what summer is.
It's the rainy bit that happens between the snowy bits

Old 29-06-2012, 01:08 AM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

I'm gonna come off as an asshole to most people when they read this LOL but I'll tell you what Darth and Andy, I'm not the happiest camper either about Andy being Judge due to the diversity of genre's, he's not as well rounded as he needs to be as far as knowledge of multiple genres is concerned (Particularly EDM), also comps past have put Andy in a "Bad Place" in a lot of members eyes as a judge...

What I'm gettin at is if he wants to continue to organize (I see the fights have already begun BTW) it's all good my way but for judging let me take the reigns, it's only right anyway as I'm providing the Prize thus makin me Official Host of this UN-official comp, you should already know how Pissed I'll be if I gotta ship across the world for a bogus track that shouldn't have won..

Also if it's me I'd like input on entry rules as well...