Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-06-2012, 06:04 AM  
Comp Question...
Hydro Hellsing Hydro Hellsing is offline 25-06-2012, 06:04 AM

Are we (Site Members or just VIP's) allowed to host Competitions and if so are we allowed to give away Prizes not related to Music as long as the Comp's Music Oriented?

Hydro Hellsing
* Pop Star *
Views: 3232
Old 29-06-2012, 18:14 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
I liked the idea of the 3 judges named
Me too

A three-judge panel of Hydro, Essence and Oakwood sounds like it would have been a lot of fun! "MP3U Factor"

In theory. In practise... who knows, as it's never been tried before. Would probably require quite a bit of planning and preparation.

It's a great idea though (thanks Tony!), and we'll definitely shelve it for later.
This time around, alas, our controversial "Simon" character wants to enter so it was never to be.

Unless we can find an apt replacement (Mr Fountain? FFabbia?) it seems this time around the open vote is the best compromise.

But as the official host of this "Unofficial Comp", Hydro should have final say. What is your verdict, Mr. Hellsing?

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Sponsored Links
Old 29-06-2012, 18:35 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

I'd have no gripe about entering a competition judged by Hydro or anyone.

Thing is this... anyone judging a competition is open to a fair bit of abuse should they choose a winner that doesn't work for the majority of entrants. Judges beware (but not voters)!!!

So, to pick a judge (or panel) you have to believe (or accept) they are fair minded then there can be no-legitimate-complaints whoever the winner is.

Even artists come in for flack (should they win and not declare they had used samples from someone else). It wasn't long ago that this happened in this very boutique. Bickering went so far that the judging credentials were seriously questioned.

So artists and judges beware maybe!!!

Should a voting system be decided then keep it to artist-members. OK, the winner won't (I reckon) feel the kudos of winning should a judge or panel have decided the result but if nobody can decide on a panel then what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
My point about Andy been a judge is he doesn't know anything about EDM.
How many times have you seen Andy comment on Dance music other than KTA...it's very little...Thats because he doesn't understand it too well.
How many folk know anything about the music they dance to? I'd submit that you don't need to understand something to appreciate it - for example gravity or magnetism.

I do tend to listen to marty's music but i've pm'ed him a few times to say i won't be commenting because a particular tune did nothing for me.

It's my musical taste that is all-too restrictive not my understanding. Hell, i don't even like much rock music anymore!!!
Old 29-06-2012, 19:00 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

I'll use your Drum and Bass upload as an example of you don't understand EDM

Nuff Said

That is one example of why I wont enter if you're the judge...and The fact you're narrow minded to what you comment on.

Last edited by Disfunktional-DJs; 29-06-2012 at 19:05 PM..
Old 29-06-2012, 20:48 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Oakwood View Post
I'd submit that you don't need to understand something to appreciate it - for example gravity or magnetism.
Lol nearly fell off my chair when I read that - This round goes to Andy with a knockout I declare - now of course I`m no expert on Boxing so probably my opinion is invalid!

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy