MP3Unsigned Forum

MP3Unsigned Forum (http://forum.mp3unsigned.com/)
-   Contests and Competitions (http://forum.mp3unsigned.com/contests-competitions/)
-   -   Comp Question... (http://forum.mp3unsigned.com/contests-competitions/35703-comp-question.html)

Hydro Hellsing 25-06-2012 06:04 AM

Comp Question...

Are we (Site Members or just VIP's) allowed to host Competitions and if so are we allowed to give away Prizes not related to Music as long as the Comp's Music Oriented?

LIQUID 25-06-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro Hellsing (Post 326039)
Are we (Site Members or just VIP's) allowed to host Competitions and if so are we allowed to give away Prizes not related to Music as long as the Comp's Music Oriented?

Hydro there are no VIPs anymore, were all in this together!

Hydro Hellsing 25-06-2012 08:43 AM

Yeah but eventually they'll bring VIP features back unless Darth decided to kill that off completely...

KtA 25-06-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIQUID (Post 326040)
Hydro there are no VIPs anymore, were all in this together!

Ant,you Commie :p

The People's Republic of MP3Unsigned...:worried:

LIQUID 25-06-2012 16:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro Hellsing (Post 326041)
Yeah but eventually they'll bring VIP features back unless Darth decided to kill that off completely...

I heard that chart votes for VIPs count double...... :devil:

Darth Raver 25-06-2012 17:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro Hellsing (Post 326041)

On the contrary, premium membership (or VIP) is something that will be reintroduced in coming months. Watch this space :)

About the original question of this thread "Are we (Site Members or just VIP's) allowed to host Competitions and if so are we allowed to give away Prizes not related to Music as long as the Comp's Music Oriented?"

Sure, why not?

Within reason of course, and Amadeus would probably request to run the details by admin first. Transgressive or antisocial prizes like sending a dead cat or a stool sample in the mail would not be tolerated. Obviously.
:D

Seriously though, once it's marketed as an 'unofficial' comp and doesn't violate (or encourage violation of) any of the usual Terms, it's cool with us.

Darth

Pidgeman 25-06-2012 20:36 PM

With that in mind, I've gone ahead and created a page for us to upload entries for the Summer Contest that was discussed in another thread, for if and when details of it are finalised.
Hope that is ok

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists

Should I pm you the login details Darth or do you already have access to them?

Darth Raver 26-06-2012 16:18 PM

Thanks Craig, if you can PM me the login details that would be helpful. I'm more than willing to lend a hand if you need my help, but remember that this is officially an 'unofficial' comp, so if you don't want admin involved at all that's up to you.
I can certainly give some advice on voting systems, competition entry and judging systems, if you want.
I think the X Factor idea of having James Oakwood as the judge and handing out Simon Cowell type critiques sounds very entertaining :)
It was your idea for the comp, so it's your call mate.

Hydro, Did you have an idea for a prize in mind? If it's something sponsored by your D.R.O. online shop, it would be a nice bit of promotion for your site. Let me know!

Pidgeman 26-06-2012 17:29 PM

Thanks Darth.
Thing is, although it was my suggestion for a competition idea, I'd also like to enter so I don't really want to make up the rules and decide the judging system in case it seems like I'm trying to stack the odds in my favour.
I've started to write a song for the theme of summer already.
If anyone else wants to take the reigns with it (maybe Andy) then that's fine.
If no-one else wants to then I guess I could write a few rules (don't really think the NO RULES approach of the last comp is right for it).
Voting/judging should be as transparent as possible to avoid any accusations of fixing.
Craig
I'll pm you the login details

James Oakwood 26-06-2012 17:43 PM

I don't mind judging but i'm not awarding prizes cos darth has already ruled out the "sick things" i'd want to present to winners :0. If anyone thinks me judging is a bad idea, no problem - it probably is (given my constrained musical tastes).

These are the guideline/rules I gave in another thread if anyone wants to add or suggest modifications: -

1) Relevance to the compo i.e. a summery vibe (or pi55-takes on summer)
2) Originality (to my ears)
3) Decent lyrics and decent vocals (if not an instrumental)
4) Decent soloing if not a vocal job
5) Entertaining
6) Decent Production (why so low on the list Andy I heard ya say?....)

Andy