Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-08-2012, 21:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rob Papen Competition - 2012
Superhuman Superhuman is offline 06-08-2012, 21:58 PM

Thread reserved for official competition sponsored by critically acclaimed software guru, Rob Papen.

Competition specifics coming shortly.

First prize, valued at $699 is Explorer 2 bundle, check out this video for a technical breakdown of the various product elements.

This is a good one guys and girls, well worth keeping an eye on this thread and the homepage for further details!
Superhuman = Developing mp3unsigned.com
Darth Raver = Forum Administrator

Any questions?.... ask Darth Raver!

Last edited by Superhuman; 06-08-2012 at 22:02 PM..

Superhuman
Site Coder, Axe Shredder and Banner of Spamming Idiots
Views: 3178
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 15:09 PM
First time at band camp

Rob Papen Competition 2012 is on a distinguished road

Hey All,
Admin here - lets keep this thread for general discussion about the Rob Papen Competition "2012".
Full details about this competition can be found in our blog at: Rob Papen Competition - "2012" - MP3unsigned News

Looking forward to hearing the entries!

Dave
Old 15-08-2012, 02:53 AM

One Of McLovins Entourage

m4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud of

Absolutely brilliant prize, Rob Papens stuff is brilliant! I own RP-Delay And RP-Distort and they are the best delay and distortion plugins ive used FULL STOP! RP_Distort along would be a worthy prize, its my fav of the 2 i own!

I will definitely be entering this comp!

Old 21-08-2012, 20:44 PM
Rapping into a hairbrush

Malcolm Gales is on a distinguished road

Ok am i missing something?
The blog says to add a link to your track here.
I cant see where to put my link.
Maybe its my mobilephones limited abilities?
Old 21-08-2012, 21:37 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

That's a sweet prize! For any budding or experienced music maker. Some lovely deep sounding presets there that could be tweaked for individual sounds - a lot of friendly user features

Please clarify the comp details here in this thread and link us to the upload page.
Old 23-08-2012, 15:02 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Malcolm and Essence,

Good questions. Let me clarify a little. The blog (or News) section was originally created for special features such as competitions, interviews, and so on, but it wasn't so effective. We announced comps there but the main "home" of the comp was always on the forum, where you could discuss the comp, upload links, etc.

This became a convenient habit, the blog comp announcements seemed redundant, and when we started doing interviews they were the only things featured on the blog.

Peeps began to think the blog section was an interview section and nothing more.

But recently we have given the blog a major makeover, and feel it is time to start using it as it was intended.

All the entry requirements, comp rules, theme and judging information are on the blog's comp article, here:

Rob Papen Competition - "2012" - MP3unsigned News

It is also where entrants will post links to their songs. If you post a link and it doesn't appear immediately, don't worry. It's because comments need to be approved by a human admin member before they will appear.

This is practical, as we can be sure the blog article will contain a growing list of links to comp entries and nothing more - no spam, no debates about small details or topics completely*irrelevant to the comp.*

In this forum thread you can feel free to chat about whatever you want - why you think the voting/judging system sucks, your favourite toast topping for morning brekkie, whatever

Finally, Malcolm, you were saying you weren't sure where to post your link on the blog post. Even on the mobile phone version, this should be possible. Just scroll down past the links to other posts immediately under the comp article, and at the bottom of the page you should find a section for Comments / Leave a Comment - Bob's yer uncle!

May seem like a pain changing the comp procedure but that's just coz its new - when you guys get used to it I'm sure you'll agree it's the smoothest way of managing comps.

Hope that was helpful.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Darth

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 23-08-2012, 19:17 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light

Ok cool, thanks for clearing up that

It makes sense to use the blog and try a new tighter format. I for one would rather see one dedicated place that is restricted to serious comments/links and not have the comp threads intercepted by general chit chat and moaners

Yes Oakwood, I meant you
Old 23-08-2012, 20:44 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

I feel left out. That Oakwood gets all the abuse just lately!
Old 23-08-2012, 20:44 PM
Rapping into a hairbrush

Malcolm Gales is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info Darth.
I must say you are far to helpfull to be on the dark side
Yup i found the comments box at the bottom right where you said it would be, way down at the bottom on a mobile lol.
Cheers Mal.

Ok, Entered. Think i did that right?

Last edited by Malcolm Gales; 23-08-2012 at 21:26 PM.. Reason: Added text.
Old 24-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. Your comment is live now.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned