Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-01-2015, 18:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
MP3Unsigned Spring 2015 "Elements" Comp
Legacy Legacy is offline 10-01-2015, 18:01 PM

As it is the start of the New Year and Spring will soon be upon us it would be a great time to hold a new MP3U comp!

The theme of the comp is “The 4 Elements” ...that is Earth, Water, Air and Fire. Your track should be based around any of these elements or all four if you wish.

+Objective – Make a track to celebrate the coming 2015 spring including the theme/s Earth, Water, Air, Fire.

+Rules – Stick to the suggested theme. One or more entries will be allowed, but do not submit until they are complete. Do not change or edit the track once it has been submitted as a comp entry. You should be confident of the final piece before submitting and not upload any WIPS. Thankyou. Tracks may be as long or as short as you wish.

+Genres – All genres get involved! Classical, Dance, Guitar Heads....all welcomed!! As long as you incorporate some obvious nods towards the theme all genres are welcome. Any really obscure tracks that have no obvious nods to the theme could be ditched so please make an obvious connection to the theme.

+Location – Post your tracks on your own pages and promote your MP3Unsigned page and entry on Facebook or any other site you choose to. Post the main link here for everyone to hear. Please allow Downloads of your track for people to listen to easily when not on Mp3Unsigned, and to burn to CD if they so please. Feel free to upload your track to other online sites such as Soundcloud, but please mention the comp on Mp3Unsigned in your track write ups and maybe encourage others also to get involved if you feel inclined. Some of your other online site friends may well like to support your work here and also get involved in the community.

+Deadline – March 13th 2015

+Judging – I ask that you refrain from voting until the comp has ended and the last entry is in. Then please send your votes to Darth or myself, Legacy. Your votes will be collected along with any other members of mp3Unsigned that may vote and the person with the most votes wins. We will announce the winner after all votes have been entered and counted for. Deadline for votes counted will be March 23rd ,10 days after the closing. Your vote will be made public to all other members at the end of the competition along with the results. Members of MP3Unsigned that haven't entered are free to make a vote. All judging will be completly transparent.

+Prize – More info to come.....

If I have missed anything please feel free to point it out

Looking forward to hearing your entries and the best of mp3unsigned making some positive Elemental tracks! Peace!

Last edited by Legacy; 10-01-2015 at 18:06 PM..

Legacy
Views: 4932
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2015, 19:41 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Good stuff.
Cool theme

Old 10-01-2015, 19:49 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

I remember the last time we had an elements comp. Didn't Tacx win it?

Wonder if I could get away with a disco number in the style of earth wind and fire

Old 17-01-2015, 15:44 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

I'm in :-)

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy
Old 17-01-2015, 19:53 PM

Legacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of lightLegacy is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

It would be good to hear entries from all three of you, Mart, Ricky and Ant and hopefully any other members that are intending to enter

Ricky, yes you are right! Many, many moons ago there was indeed an Elements comp! And the Talented Tacx did indeed win I could change the theme if peeps want and edit my original post.....but it was a very long time ago. You have the memory of an elephant Ricky! God forbid RedShirt if he ever comes back LOL

Hopefully enough time has passed for the newer members of the site to see this as a fresh contest and would like to participate

Last edited by Legacy; 17-01-2015 at 20:01 PM..
Old 18-01-2015, 02:07 AM

Winner of Popstars

indiana 99 is a jewel in the roughindiana 99 is a jewel in the roughindiana 99 is a jewel in the roughindiana 99 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
I remember the last time we had an elements comp. Didn't Tacx win it?

Wonder if I could get away with a disco number in the style of earth wind and fire
Boogie Wonderland maybe??
Great track!

Great idea for a comp too!
Old 21-01-2015, 20:32 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

How about Mart, Ricky & Ant do a collab that way were all winners

- Claude Debussy
Old 22-01-2015, 17:04 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Sorry, Legacy. I didn't mean it to sound like that. The idea and theme is very cool. It gives plenty of room for ideas. I was just reminiscing

Ant That would be fun but I don't know how it could work.

Old 26-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Member of The Human Race

I'm was planning to enter a solo piano piece but sounds like I may fall foul of the too obscure reference. I'm not going to compromise it by adding dodgy sound fx so will a written narrative explaining the composition be acceptable? ... There is existing precedent for this just ask Mr Vivaldi :-)

- Claude Debussy
Old 29-01-2015, 23:06 PM

*** VIP ***

GravitySlip will become famous soon enoughGravitySlip will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a good comp.Count me in.About time i wrote something