Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > Contests and Competitions

Contests and Competitions MP3unsigned hosted contests and competitions

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-12-2015, 18:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
International Pop Song Competition
Darth Raver Darth Raver is offline 01-12-2015, 18:25 PM

Theme:
To write a Pop Song that could believably rival any song in the mainstream charts. A Pop Song should generally be catchy, have earworm factor and be radio friendly.

Rules:
One entry per artist only
All entries much be original works
Covers are not allowed
Unauthorised samples, that is those you donít have written permission to use, are not allowed
Collaborative efforts are acceptable but if you enter a collaborative effort you must have the permission of your co-writers to do so. There is only one prize so it is up to you to mutually agree who gets the prize if your entry wins!
You are encouraged to leave comments/feedback and constructive criticism on any of the tracks entered but be aware that hate campaigns will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification
The judgesí decision will be final

Entry Fee:
As with all MP3Unsigned competitions, this competition is FREE to enter. However, this is a non-profit site which survives (like wikipedia) on donations. Although it is not a requirement, we ask all competition entrants to consider making a small donation of around $5. Larger donations are of course acceptable, but for any artists who cannot afford $5, smaller donations of $3, $2 or even $1 are welcome. We hope most competitors will donate.
Please note that donations will not buy favour with the judges. The winner will be judged on the merits of their track alone.

Judging:
Tracks will be judged on a combination of track composition, production values, ability to capture the essence of the challenge, and overall enjoyment factor (no politics)
All decisions are final
Main Prize will be delivered directly to the winner by Ricatech

Deadline:
This competition officially opens on December 1st 2015 and runs until January 15th 2016, when the judgment phase will commence, so itís time to get your thinking caps on, or to dig out the track you feel was your best embodiment of Pop. Entries will be accepted from December 1st, but we encourage competitors to take their time and create a polished track, rather than rush one out. Re-submitting new versions of submitted tracks that correct some technical problems or add final bells and whistles are not forbidden, however too many versions uploaded may be confusing and off-putting to the judges, so it is recommended not to upload your track until you are satisfied that it is complete. Finished tracks must be uploaded to your own MP3Unsigned Artist Page. Then, message Darth Raver on this forum or email him at darthravermp3u@gmail.com to let him know you have submitted a track for the comp. We will take it from there.

GOOD LUCK!

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Darth Raver
Admin Group
Views: 4411
Sponsored Links
Old 19-12-2015, 06:27 AM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just a reminder that we are almost at the halfway mark in the Jukebox Comp. Almost three weeks gone, three weeks to go (deadline January 15th 2016), and still no tracks received.
I know of several artists who are indeed working on tracks for the comp, but I hope the general silence means that a lot more of you are busy working on your song, or looking for one. Remember, submitting one of your old tracks is perfectly acceptable, as long as you feel it is your poppiest or most mainstream-sounding masterpiece.

In case there is any confusion about how to submit, just upload it to your page and let us know. Then we will take a copy and upload it to the official comp page, which is gathering dustballs at the moment... All competition entries will be gathered on this page where they can easily be compared and contrasted. Judgment will not solely be the judges' personal taste. General reaction to each track - comments, feedback, thumbs up, facebook shares, downloads, etc. will be taken into account. Therefore, the earlier you submit, the sooner you can start promoting your track and gathering feedback.

Finally, January 16th is NOT when we open for song submissions (perhaps some think we are in the song construction phase now) - it is the LAST day of the song submission phase - we are accepting tracks NOW! January 16th is when the judgement phase begins.

Thank you, and good luck!

Darth

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Last edited by Darth Raver; 19-12-2015 at 07:58 AM..
Old 22-12-2015, 18:46 PM
Rapping into a hairbrush

kallen is on a distinguished road

Question to Mr Raver!

Is submitting a song as a group...and then another as a solo artist allowed???
Or indeed...any multiple collabs with different artists allowed???
Just wondering...
Old 22-12-2015, 20:07 PM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

"Splintered - with Willy Jo Parker" is probably my best pop number. Unfortunately, I've lost touch with Willy Jo, who added some extremely tasty guitar. I'll work on that, meanwhile here's the link and I'll understand if it doesn't meet the criteria if I fail to get his permission.

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists
Old 22-12-2015, 23:04 PM
High school drummer

alive is on a distinguished road

Thinking of entering as Alive or James Bell - just working on a remix and i need to ask the co writers permission

Last edited by alive; 23-12-2015 at 01:03 AM..
Old 23-12-2015, 11:13 AM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallen View Post
Question to Mr Raver!

Is submitting a song as a group...and then another as a solo artist allowed???
Or indeed...any multiple collabs with different artists allowed???
Just wondering...
Yes, sir. No problem with that. The only issue with collabs, aside from getting permission of collaborators, is how you will decide who among you gets the really cool Jukebox (there is only one). That is entirely up to you guys.

Looking forward to hearing the first entries!

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 23-12-2015, 15:20 PM
Rapping into a hairbrush

kallen is on a distinguished road

Cheers for that Mr Dark-side

Baaah...There's never any arguments in groups ..is there?

"Collabs"...well, I think the fair solution to 'share' the prize would be, to simply give it to the one who brought the song to the table ...and paid the entry fee

...or in our case, 'The Group'...we could each have it for 4 months, then Gibbo could post it over to Canada....Terry post it back over to me...and I just run down the road to give it back to Gibbo...see, there's always a easy way!
Just saying...... ha!
Old 23-12-2015, 16:21 PM
*** VIP ***

dawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nice

Alternatively, donate it to a needy cause ....dawninneedofjukeboxfund.com
Old 23-12-2015, 17:08 PM

Admin Group

Oh, man... I would so much LOVE this prize myself. Perhaps one thing competitors are often unaware of is that sometimes comp organisers are just as jealous of the eventual winner as the competitors who didn't win...

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 24-12-2015, 00:11 AM
RonD

Default Stella's Aunt

OK. You persuaded me with the "parody" proviso. Here is my entry :

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists