Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Spam, Scams and other Nonsense > The Dump

The Dump Where we move spam - feel free to ridicule these spam posters and threads

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 15-11-2011, 13:23 PM
First time at band camp

liveandunsigned is on a distinguished road
Talking Live and Unsigned 2012 Auditions coming to a venue near you!

Live and Unsigned is the UK’s biggest unsigned music competition for original artists and it’s open to all genres. So whether you're into pop, RnB, punk, Indie, Alternative,rock or acoustic, the competition has it all!!

With the chance to play at The O2 in London and with Ł100,000 in prizes and, Live and Unsigned is set to attract thousands of unsigned musicians when auditions begin in January 2012

The competition has also just announced an additional new main cash prize of Ł10,000 for the winning act to spend on their development.

Check it out here > www.liveandunsigned.uk.com

Sponsored Links
Old 15-11-2011, 22:18 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

Does pressing play on the laptop count?

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy
Old 06-12-2011, 13:38 PM
First time at band camp

timeforthetruth is on a distinguished road
Default Live and Unsigned 2011/2012. Sorry to dissapoint you but one has to spell out facts

Live and Unsigned – A Big waste of time, and money making scam.

Entry Fee: 40,000 x Ł7.50(half bands(Ł10), half solo/duets(Ł5)) = Ł300,000
Regionals: 80acts x 18 Venues x Ł8tickets x 25 tickets = Ł288,000
You have to work for FREE – marketing and Publicity, and the get judges just as much on your ability to perform/musicality as your ability to be a king of Facebook or MySpace. And having been to an event myself, they also have their favourites, usually the pretty leggy blonde ones!

I’ve never seen any of the acts go on to make lots of money.

The music industry is a dog eat dog world. It’s is really difficult to make money without being super famous, and without being associated with the big boys: Sony, EMI, Simco.
You often make a loss from record sales. Even if you do become famous the turnaround of most artists is a couples of years. What happened to Duffy? I think she may have fell off a cliff.

I remember meeting the members of a very famous indie band from 2002-2005 (whom will remain nameless) in a pub in London. They told me they could barely afford to buy a round of drinks, they said all their money went to their managers, agents, venue hire, expenses, writers, tour bus, taxman, rent on a flat share in London, and eventually what was left (not much) was split four ways. They eventually disappeared of the face of the earth, as per usual.

Unless you become super famous or you travel back in time where acts used to sell 7million records a week (the likes of Tom Jones, The Beatles e.t.c.)…this is partly thanks to illegal downloading! you will probably make more money singing at weddings and functions...or busking in the underground.
Old 06-12-2011, 13:41 PM
First time at band camp

Default Life morels

I have talent, ability, stage presence. But I also have a brain, and will not be used as a vehicle to fuel some corporation into profit, leaving me used, abused, tired, drugged up probably (to keep me awake)....Music for me is all about the music! not the industry. Live long, be happy, work to live, not live to work.
Old 06-12-2011, 13:44 PM
First time at band camp

Default final point

music is a human expression, not a commodity....
Old 27-09-2012, 14:58 PM
First time at band camp

veerji is on a distinguished road
Default Nice

Unless you become super famous or you travel back in time where acts used to sell 7million records a week (the likes of Tom Jones, The Beatles e.t.c.)…this is partly thanks to illegal downloading! you will probably make more money singing at weddings and functions...or busking in the underground.
Old 27-09-2012, 16:54 PM

*** VIP ***

Saphfire is just really niceSaphfire is just really niceSaphfire is just really niceSaphfire is just really niceSaphfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeforthetruth View Post
Live and Unsigned – A Big waste of time, and money making scam.

Entry Fee: 40,000 x Ł7.50(half bands(Ł10), half solo/duets(Ł5)) = Ł300,000
Regionals: 80acts x 18 Venues x Ł8tickets x 25 tickets = Ł288,000
You have to work for FREE – marketing and Publicity, and the get judges just as much on your ability to perform/musicality as your ability to be a king of Facebook or MySpace. And having been to an event myself, they also have their favourites, usually the pretty leggy blonde ones!

I’ve never seen any of the acts go on to make lots of money.

The music industry is a dog eat dog world. It’s is really difficult to make money without being super famous, and without being associated with the big boys: Sony, EMI, Simco.
You often make a loss from record sales. Even if you do become famous the turnaround of most artists is a couples of years. What happened to Duffy? I think she may have fell off a cliff.

I remember meeting the members of a very famous indie band from 2002-2005 (whom will remain nameless) in a pub in London. They told me they could barely afford to buy a round of drinks, they said all their money went to their managers, agents, venue hire, expenses, writers, tour bus, taxman, rent on a flat share in London, and eventually what was left (not much) was split four ways. They eventually disappeared of the face of the earth, as per usual.

Totally agree with you....a complete load of twonk...and all just a money making scheme for them! They like the ones with large families as they have to buy tickets to fund their relatives performance!
Old 30-10-2012, 08:15 AM
First time at band camp

dobara is on a distinguished road

Odkud ty stránky prohlížíš? Chceš docílit toho, aby zůstávaly zabarvené navštívené odkazy, nebo abys stránky viděl v našeptávači z adresního řádku?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 AM
*** VIP ***

dawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nice

Good Lord!
Old 19-12-2012, 13:18 PM
First time at band camp

Sebastianz is on a distinguished road
Default Re

Music is not just for earning money..its the blend of feelings in the form of words with the soothing music piece..