Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""
View Poll Results: How do you "Rate" us an Artist?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 16.67%
6 0 0%
7 3 25.00%
8 3 25.00%
9 3 25.00%
10 1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 27-09-2006, 05:55 AM  
Fluid Breaks Fluid Breaks is offline 27-09-2006, 05:55 AM

How do you "Rate" us an Artist?

Please answer as fairly as you can using the number poll scheme

We realise there are only a couple of tracks at the moment up - which is the reason why we are doing this - then after the release of the album, we would like to conduct this again, to see how opinions sway and change.

*please have high expectations for the album*

Use your own initiative on the "out of ten" ratios

ie - if 10 to you is i would be the cd, or if 5 to you was appauling - then so be it

- We would like as much input as possible, you dont have to reply to the post if you don't want to, but based on what you've heard, just leave an out of ten rating if possible

Oh and if you need a link - http://www.mp3unsigned.com/fluidbreaks.asp

Thanks for you input in advance [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Fluid Breaks
*** VIP ***
Views: 994
Old 28-09-2006, 03:52 AM

*** VIP ***

Fluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the rough

Awsome Acro Thanks a million for those kind words man. Thanks for your time and effort
Sponsored Links
Old 28-09-2006, 05:22 AM

*** VIP ***

ditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to all

Ok Tom, I dont know what you expect from this but here goes. You know this is not a genre that I know about. but as a musician all i can say is yeh there seem to be a chemistry happening with your tracks, And yeh i can see you point that its not as complete as it will be. But i say, do you have faith in what your doing?
You obviously have a firm idea in your head of what your trying to achieve, are you doing it. And are you happy with how its shapping up. And the biggest question. Do YOU like it? if the answer is all yes then go for it.
As for the commercial thing, nothing wrong with that. You can be commercial and keep your integrity in tact. Or you can make a go at it in the underground scene, its all the same realy. Get enough success to keep doing what you love.

I hope this poll isnt because your having doubts, every one does but if you are ignore it, it will go away.
Get in there, and do your best, and thenlet the world decide, thats all we can all do.

Hope my ramblings help
Steve

Old 28-09-2006, 05:34 AM

*** VIP ***

Fluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for input Stevieboy

na man, not having thoughts, just want to see what YOU think of our music - its good to have some input off someone, who wouldnt choose to listen to our tracks, and for them to say its gells well, chemistry wise - no second thoughts, never been so sure in my life

Thanks mate
Old 28-09-2006, 05:38 AM

*** VIP ***

ditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to allditheramb is a name known to all

Good to hear Dude, its all good and i think from what you said the album will be bonza mate
Steve
Old 28-09-2006, 05:44 AM

*** VIP ***

IS that Scottish or Downunderish?
Old 28-09-2006, 05:46 AM

*** VIP ***

Thats Downunderish mate. Bloody Bonza, dinky di, true blue, Bloody unreal, Any other positive comments you can think of.
Steve
Old 28-09-2006, 05:53 AM

*** VIP ***

Over here we say "safe" "dark" "trip"
Old 29-09-2006, 10:02 AM

*** VIP ***

BUMP
Old 29-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Analogue Abuser

Dave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant future

Having always been of the opinion that music is for listening to rather than writing about Idon't tend to comment too much on anybodies stuff unless it completely knocks me sideways, and I personally don't chase anybodies opinion on the crap I do. But since you asked ...

With your style of music, in the broadest sense, I appreciate it when the composers have put lots of effort and substance into each segment rather than just letting the beat do all the talking. In that respectI greatly enjoy your material because there always seems to be a new sound around the corner, another rhythm pokeing its head around the corner, another synth line slipping in. Its the complete opposite to musical laziness. I also like your edge towards grit as opposed to cheese.

On the downside this type of music lacks what I can only describe as personality, its computer generated and there is a lot of it about. It doesn't get played on daytime radio, it rarely if ever makes the sales charts and the people behind it remain relatively unsung. It begs the question where do you want to go with your music and what would you see as a finsih line to cross in respect to a sucess?

As for a rating I could only suggest a 7. Points deducted for a restrictive genre rather than musical ability, which I've already suggested is above average and of a positive constructive nature.

Now enough talking, let me swing my big old beer belly to this here Dirty Boy.
Old 29-09-2006, 10:46 AM

*** VIP ***

Thanks for that input Fudgie, i think thats the most sense you've ever talked, you must have run out of the prescription

Seriously though, thanks alot for your words, we really appreciate it

With the genre thing, we can actually write cross genre in some cases, but we dont publish stuff like that, mainly down to putting a name to a genre

We made some stuff under "Panacx" and made a track called Elapsed - that people seemed to love - especially Stew, cos it hit his BoC nerve

We can make the cheese, we can make the "safe" music, we can make all that - but whats the point? What are we acheiving? The fact that we are the same as everyone else?
In our bio(3rd person)we state that we will "always be different, never be the ordinary" - I dont think we "sound" like others in our genre, our structures are different in CD views - in vinyl cuts its basically the same

Im glad you enjoy our music, and myself, as Tacx, or Tomo has thouroughly enjoyed your music too Fudgie - I requested that you came back to the site and put "Drop kick me jesus" up for download and wanted your music back - im gladyour back on the scene - as much as Acro is now - Its great to have some top artists here - and if you were to put out a CD Fudgue - I personally would be first in-line for a preorder (howmuch does this look like kiss-arsing?)

But seriously - look at the comments from me - Not chatting no bullsh*t

Thanks again man