Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 23-10-2006, 19:40 PM  
Fluid Breaks Fluid Breaks is offline 23-10-2006, 19:40 PM

Hey.

FLUID BREAKS COMPETITION COMING SOON (Probs after Christmas)

PRIZES:

Track to go on album.

1 signed Album
1 copy of Limited Edition DVD
1 Fluid Breaks

One of my uni modules requires me to make an interactive dvd to send to companies that advertises Fluid Breaks. This DVD will be one of the prizes, quicker i get the research done the quicker the comp will come.

Information required:

what sort of things would catch your attention?
Is there a specific style you would like?
Specific Colours?
Use of navigation, conventional or experimental?
Anything else?

The DVD would be on the front of a Magazine so if you could look at it from the perspective of what would grab your attention (from the dvd cover and contents) in buying the mag.

Would appreciate any sort of feedback as this would help my research no end. Cheers,

FLUID BREAKS
Edited by: Fluid Breaks

Fluid Breaks
*** VIP ***
Views: 820
Old 02-11-2006, 03:01 AM
*** VIP ***

Plastic Trash is on a distinguished road

What sort of content would you expect to find on the DVD? (Music, video etc)

Without stating the obvious, I would expect at least one video to be on your DVD - otherwise I'd ask the question "why has this DVD got no videos on it?". Generally when you buy a 'music DVD', it will either be a video collection, a live show or a documentary. A lot of bands these days remix the soundtrack into 5.1 surround to give the DVD something different to the standard CD release... 'Extras' are a must!

What do you think is the purpose of the DVD? (As in why I am making the DVD different from what Ive already put)

Again, it comes down to videos, ashort film or a documentory - something visual!If you just want to hear Fluid Breaks, you'll get the long awaited CD. If you want to see Fluid Breaks, you buy the DVD. If you remixed your album into 5.1 surround, DVD is a good medium to showcase it.
Speaking from a personal point of view, I give out a DVD with my CDs these days purely to showcase my videos in a better quality than just sticking a small video file at the end of an audio CD. And because I can!

What do you think of Fluid Breaks and its music? (General one line will do)

Let's get you into the showewr you dirty boy!

Hope that helps!
Davey

@ MP3Unsigned
Plastic Trash Online Chilled beats from downtown Wigan via Manchester...
Plastic Trash More of the same, but different.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2006, 10:00 AM

*** VIP ***

Fluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Again.

This is all very helpful information.

Tom
Old 06-11-2006, 04:12 AM

*** VIP ***

Fluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the roughFluid Breaks is a jewel in the rough

BUMP

This is coursework people!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 AM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light

When buying a music magazine what is it that grabs you attention first and makes you go over to pick it up? (Colours, Person on the front)

Mags in general - A clean design, some attention grabbing colours - in small blocks (not too bright, or huge blocking of colour). Agree with ConKuss about naked flesh - or using 1/2 strong person/s on the cover to draw the eye in - I will always check over the front page of a mag if there is some one looking buff on the front (I never buy mags though -just look and moveon lol- yawn!!). Too many people on the front makes it messy though. Not too many pictures on the cover in general is good - just strong , precise, relevantimages.

If you walked into a branch of HMV and walked past a rack of CDs what design would make you pick a CD up? (Modern design, minimilist, old fashioned)

Same as above really....No particular style - as long as it looks clean, non -fuddled and eye catching......lol- I just realised that is how I like my men too!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

When navigating through a website do you prefer a clear menu on the left (www.mp3unsigned.com) or a menu where you have to look and experiment to get around the pages (www.tokyoplastic.com)

I always find you want your viewers to find the navigation bar easily - I always put mine on the left or at the top of the site . It is where people expect them - and are easily seen. You have to realise that older/particially sighted people will be used to certain lay outs too - you want to make it easy accessable. Putting your navigation bar elsewhere may be original , but who cares if no one can find them...lol

When viewing a DVD do you prefer something that plays straight away or one that offers you navigation options?

Options

What shape DVD/box would make you pick it up? (Small DVDs square DVDs, round box etc)

Normal shape - odd shapes are a pain in the arse to store,etc....
Old 06-11-2006, 06:17 AM

*** VIP ***

Many thanks Miss Essence