Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-02-2007, 13:24 PM  
MD-1Project MD-1Project is offline 08-02-2007, 13:24 PM

how many people have problems with artists on this site uploading a song on a sunday?

bearing in mind, they are alowing that song to be downloaded for free and doing this pretty much every week since theyjoined the site.

use myself as an example, i have over 30 tracks on my md-1 page that i have paid to use and alowing people to download every single track for free..............

so am i doing a bad thing? by uploading on sundays or early in the week?
would it be fair if i stoped uploading as many tracks? would it change anything?

also, for me anyways, sunday is a day where i spend the lions share of it working on my music. so really sunday is pretty much a good day for me to upload something that i have more than likly done with come sunday. as i probably have been working on that track for the best part of a week and more in some cases.

[url=\"http://spanel.galaxywebsolutions.com/castcontrol/playlist.php?id=172&type=asx\"][img]http://www.rickymancini.co.uk/mp3/DRB.gif[/img][/url] [url=\"http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3ID=52162\"][img]http://www.mp3unsigned.com/gallery/11409B.JPG[/img][/url]

MD-1Project
*** VIP ***
Views: 886
Old 08-02-2007, 14:21 PM
*** VIP ***

Stew is on a distinguished road

of course there is nothing wrong with it. Man, I wish more people would do it. It's called promotion, and it is essential in this game.

Currently reactive, occasionally interactive, and aspiring to be proactive
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 14:21 PM
*** VIP ***

kiopo3 is on a distinguished road

Ayee.. basic marketing innit, right product, right place, right time! I think people just moan cus they're too lazy to make the extra effort after the track is done Though if everyone did it loads, the quality of comments might get even worse / more panderingEdited by: kiopo3
Old 08-02-2007, 14:29 PM

*** VIP ***

Pruneau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Can I hear an AMEN ?

Just as an aside, has anyone ever heard of the uk top 40 singles and album charts? Strangely enough, tracks are released by labels at strategic times, to get the maximum exposure, airplay or whatever. Maybe the music industry has had these sort of issues long before some of the users of this site were even born.
You bet, I think even Graham wasn't even born back then [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

/hides

Pruneau's website
Old 08-02-2007, 14:38 PM

Senior Moderator

GreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Can I hear an AMEN ?

Just as an aside, has anyone ever heard of the uk top 40 singles and album charts? Strangely enough, tracks are released by labels at strategic times, to get the maximum exposure, airplay or whatever. Maybe the music industry has had these sort of issues long before some of the users of this site were even born.
You bet, I think even Graham wasn't even born back then [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

/hides
Well, of course, in my day it was called sheet music and it came on wax tablets that you inscribed with a stylus (no not one of those things you use on your PDA either).

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
Marilyn vos Savant
Old 08-02-2007, 14:39 PM

*** VIP ***

Contayjen is on a distinguished road

Nothing I can argue with in this thread. The only problems I have with 'pimping' as its known is whe its at the expense of someone else, ie promoting your song in someone else's thread.

Links in sigs are fine and if there is a better day of the week to upload, why not? As long as everyone realises the power of marketing effectively and don't hate on others for marketing better, I can't see that there is a problem. Its the way its always been done since we first had recorded music.

Old 08-02-2007, 14:41 PM

*** VIP ***

Pruneau is on a distinguished road

And wasn't it the anglo saxon top 40 or something? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Pruneau's website
Old 08-02-2007, 14:43 PM

Senior Moderator

GreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant future

Anglo saxon? More like the druids mate (the're still at it down in Wales with their Eisteddfodds or however the damn word is spelled.)

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
Marilyn vos Savant
Old 08-02-2007, 16:39 PM
*** VIP ***

Redshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to behold

well it certaintlye helps charting. i dont see a problem unless he who does it claims they dont care about the charts. doesnt add up in my opinion. if you know why your doing it dont lie about it. if its to get more exposure, embrace that.
i personalyl dont do it at the moment because i got alittle bored with the idea of anything i did charted high. so im trying to see if cant get in doing a midweek upload. its been much harder thats for sure.

Old 08-02-2007, 16:45 PM
*** VIP ***

Redshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to beholdRedshirt Theory is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rt3z
Honestly i couldnt care who uploads what when! I upload on a Sunday night and pimp for one wekk! a technique Ricky himself uses and i like it! I see Sunday as a deadline for finishing up tracks and if it isnt done then i have another week to work on it! Uploading on Sunday night, theres nothing wrong with it and if whoever dosent agree on uploading on Sunday night DONT LISTEN TO MY TRACK!!! I see it as self promotion because no one else is gonna do it for me! If networking, promoting myself even blatant pimping is wrong then i dunno what is right!

EDIT: Stew you just got in with your point before me!
this is great. ive done the exact same. if i want my track to have a chance at charting high i do the exact same for the exact same reasons and if i cant get it right before sunday i wait a week too. we are one in the same for the same evil motives

Old 08-02-2007, 16:55 PM
*** VIP ***

Stew is on a distinguished road

ok, I'm the one that's gonna bite.
What is evil about promoting your music then?

Currently reactive, occasionally interactive, and aspiring to be proactive