Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""
View Poll Results: Where do you buy your music from online?
Beatport 4 25.00%
iTunes 4 25.00%
7Digital 0 0%
Amazon 2 12.50%
Napster 0 0%
Juno 0 0%
Other... 3 18.75%
Why buy when you can get it for free! 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 14-05-2009, 22:00 PM  
m4rt3z m4rt3z is offline 14-05-2009, 22:00 PM

Just a poll to see which is the more popular online music store on this site and to test my internet connection which has been acting up allot lately![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

m4rt3z
One Of McLovins Entourage
Views: 609
Old 15-05-2009, 14:15 PM

A Headphone Disaster

AndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to beholdAndyStokes is a splendid one to behold

I don't really buy on-line. I mostly go to the same record store I've been going to since I came here. Revolutions. They sell underground CD's, Records and the Audio Tapes from local DJ's mixing their stuff. They even sell a bit of production clothing and a line of clothing they make and design themselves. I keep telling them to get a web site up but the guy just wants to remain a small store. Each to they're own. If I'm d/ling some music, it's usually from MP3U.com[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 15-05-2009, 15:48 PM

*** VIP ***

Contayjen is on a distinguished road

I hardly buy any music full-stop. Ever since I got into electronic music and there was a free CD on the cover of every magazine. Then there is the internet and free dnb mixes.

Why pay for single mp3s when you can get hundreds of ready-made mixes for free or fresh new tunes over internet radio? That's something I could never get my head around.

The only music I have bought in the last 10 years has been music from unsigned artists, directly from their website/cdbaby page and in CD format. I bought one file which was a flac of a remix of Embers to cut onto a vinyl dubplate.

However I have still spent thousands of pounds and hours on music in that time by going to gigs, paying for DJs to play at our dnb night and buying software and creating my own music or recording other peoples.

I don't fileshare or d/l music except if its in a sanctioned mix.