Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 17-01-2016, 00:05 AM  
Mp3unsigned Compilation Digital Album in 2016?
ericsaitz ericsaitz is offline 17-01-2016, 00:05 AM

I don’t think there is any other music site quite like this one. There is such a deep pool of talent here. That talent covers a wide range of genera’s. From rock to pop and everything in-between. It’s all here on this wonderful site. I was trying to think of a way to raise some money to help keep it going. What about a Mp3unsigned Compilation Album in 2016? Download and streaming money could go toward this goal. Perhaps spread the word about not only the unique community we have here but maybe shine the spotlight on the best of the best that mp3U has to offer.

Maybe we could take the winner or top two from the upcoming Pop contest as a starting point. Same with the Acoustic winners or any future contests. I think the contests are the key to keeping interest in the site! The winners would need to be willing to not only be on the compilation album but also agree to donate all money from their song to the fund designated to help the site (Only the money earned from sales of the compilation album) Maybe it wouldn’t work or perhaps it's too late. But just maybe it could!

I would be happy to sponsor and pay for the first album… * streaming/digital album downloads.
Sorry (Real CD’s are DEAD) mastering, artwork, gathering artist’s bios, getting the album up and on all the major websites (iTunes, Amazon, Band Camp etc.…)

Just an idea but I am hoping to start up a discussion.
Take care
Eric

Last edited by ericsaitz; 17-01-2016 at 00:32 AM..

ericsaitz
High school drummer
Views: 1291
Old 19-01-2016, 20:33 PM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Keith. You make a very valid point. Everyone puts music up these days and it is hard to find an audience. .. Streaming generates very little income for artists. I was also thinking perhaps link to a podcast of mp3unsigned. Terry has the perfect voice and personality for it. The podcast could help promote the site and featured artists. Offering a service option other than cdbaby, etc.. to artists would still be a step in the right direction. Also having more than one artist on an album could possibly reach a wider audience. It would be a lot of work... I'm not sure who has that much time to give... Maybe Oakwood I'm sorry to say I don't but my offer still stands to pay for the first album is it moves forward.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-01-2016, 01:41 AM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, ladies and gents. I'm preparing a reply to you guys, and kallen's questions in particular, that goes into enough detail that it won't leave things hanging, begging for follow-up questions, while not going overboard with a boring elephantine post (as I sometimes do), but I'm just about to start work, so you'll have to give me a bit of time. Sorry folks, be back real soon!

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 20-01-2016, 08:56 AM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

Bah! Curse you pesky kids!

I was all braced for something elephantine, and had mentally psyched myself up into monstrous pachyderm mode.

All for nothing as it turns out

Old 23-01-2016, 18:32 PM
RonD

Is there an elephant vin the room?
I have read this thread with interest. I would be up for something along the lines as has been suggested, but I also am a bit too seasoned to expect too much from this. Still, hope springs eternal.
Old 25-01-2016, 19:11 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for the delay. A lot happening in the background! I was going to post an explanation on Thursday, but then arranged to have a three-way conference with me, the CEO I mentioned before, and Dave (yes! - Amadeus is back!) on Friday, so figured it best to post an update after the meeting. No point waffling about rough ideas we'd been throwing around in case they didn't resemble the final plan at all.

Well, we ended up chatting on and off over the weekend until late Sunday night, and it looks like there are some big things in the works that could improve the site for everyone and help to keep the site running. We still haven't decided on the final details yet, but what we discussed is very similar to what I discussed above: that it would include an opt-in service where artists get their music distributed, streamed and sold, but those who choose not to opt-in can continue to use the site as always. There was also talk of upgrading our player to a more cross-platform friendly one too, but that's all I'm at liberty to say right now. Will keep you posted as plans become solidified.
Watch this space!

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 27-01-2016, 23:40 PM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Sounds good. The player upgrade is a big deal to me. That's for the update!
Eric

Last edited by ericsaitz; 27-01-2016 at 23:43 PM..
Old 30-01-2016, 13:12 PM

*** VIP ***

ANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura about

I too have read with interest to this new way of improving the site. I am with you guys all the way. Having been a member of the site close to 12 years now I am keen to see the site grow into something bigger. Watching with interest.

Andy
Old 30-01-2016, 20:40 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

Same here.

APR now around 6.4% and rising.

Old 31-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Hip hop hummer limo driver

tbwig is on a distinguished road

Amadeus is back? Talks with CEO's? More, Darth, good heavens, spill the beans! How exciting!
Old 05-02-2016, 15:02 PM
milan

Ah, the player needs an overhaul defo. As the idea of an Iphone/Android app been mentioned ? I know I'd be on more if there was one.