Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 13-03-2018, 19:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
About Cover Versions... :(
Darth Raver Darth Raver is offline 13-03-2018, 19:38 PM

We'd like to take the opportunity to inform new users, and remind long-term users, that while we love cover versions (indeed, most, if not all, musicians learned their instruments by playing other people's music - that's a given), we aren't legally allowed to host unauthorized cover versions on MP3U.

We have no problem with people posting links to covers hosted on other sites such as youtube, which have established their own ways of dealing with unauthorized covers (on youtube, original artists and/or copyright owners who discover covers of their songs can either demand the videos be deleted, ignore them, or monetize them by adding commercials to the beginning of the cover videos and collecting the revenue).

If we were lax about copyright laws, all it would take is a single powerful Lars Ulrich type in the music industry to shut us down.

Let's try to remain original. That's always been where MP3Uers truly shine.

Thank you for your understanding.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Darth Raver
Admin Group
Views: 369
Sponsored Links
Old 13-03-2018, 20:43 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raver View Post
We'd like to take the opportunity to inform new users, and remind long-term users, that while we love cover versions (indeed, most, if not all, musicians learned their instruments by playing other people's music - that's a given), we aren't legally allowed to host unauthorized cover versions on MP3U.

We have no problem with people posting links to covers hosted on other sites such as youtube, which have established their own ways of dealing with unauthorized covers (on youtube, original artists and/or copyright owners who discover covers of their songs can either demand the videos be deleted, ignore them, or monetize them by adding commercials to the beginning of the cover videos and collecting the revenue).

If we were lax about copyright laws, all it would take is a single powerful Lars Ulrich type in the music industry to shut us down.

Old 14-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

That covers it. Well said.
Old 14-03-2018, 02:33 AM
Streetcorner breakdancer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raver View Post

Well that puts my old song at #1.
I didn't earn it so I'm deleting it.

A BIG thank you to all who took the time to listen and comment on the song.
I've copied all your comments to add to my site reviews. Thanks so much!
Peace
Eric
Old 18-03-2018, 21:14 PM
Vince

Default So I forgot all my info for pages with cover songs

Hi,
If you could delete the cover songs on all the pages I have that would be cool,
as I forgot the sign in info and email address used, feel free to ditch them, if you can.
Thanks Vince
Old 21-03-2018, 13:00 PM
RonD

Be nice if you could make your bloody mind up. Last member I spoke to (and trying to get an answer from staff is a major job in itself) said you could post a cover as long as you put a link to license and DIDN'T post a link in the forum. Now it's a no, which is bloody ludicrous to those that stick to the rules and PAY for a license, but find they can't promote their work!! Why am I annoyed -. simple, people that don't read and stick to the rules and post cover versions and get away with it and probably haven't payed a license. How will you recognise a cover (apart from obvious famous ones)?? Do you know every song in the world???
Old 21-03-2018, 15:45 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD View Post
Do you know every song in the world???
No,but if you hum it son,I'll play it.

Old 21-03-2018, 17:02 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Yeah if you have paid for a license and have proof, then it should be allowed

Old 22-03-2018, 01:31 AM
Streetcorner breakdancer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtA View Post
No,but if you hum it son,I'll play it.
How about this one Mart...

mmm mmm mmmm mm mmmm!
mmm mmm mmmm mm mmmm!
mmm mmm mmmm mm mmmm! mmmm!
mmmm mm mmm mmm mmmm!

Old 22-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

Is that Hanson's "Mmmm-bop" you're humming?