Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 AM  
Pink Clouds...Pink Noise
tbwig tbwig is offline 07-06-2018, 01:13 AM

I have been reading a bit into balancing the EQ of tracks and found a few notes about using "pink noise" (not white) as a reference track, working on all the individual tracks to that reference. I have yet to experiment with this approach. Is it worthwhile for all the effort, especially if it is just a few of us home recording types with assorted levels of computers and DAW's? Much ado about nothing, or something to read more about and try? In the end, I think most of the comments I've read indicate that it is another starting point, but in the end, it is a matter of using your own ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWgVtPZti4

tbwig
Hip hop hummer limo driver
Views: 466
Old 09-06-2018, 15:03 PM
Hip hop hummer limo driver

tbwig is on a distinguished road

Ah, the ouroborus of hardware chasing software, or vice versa. It is a never-seems to be a never-ending money pit of upgrading both. For having an old school-issue laptop, you sure turn out some amazing and intricate musical compositions, Mart. All of which shows me that the real story is in the mind of the composer, regardless of the tech involved. I suppose the one caveat would be that it would be hard to record a symphony with one instrument, so the more tools you have, the more the colour of sounds available.

Still, I can't help but marvel at the tunes created, mostly by hobbyists and learners, beginners, dabblers and experimenter,and posted here on mp3u. Makes this place more interesting and diverse, and that is something to celebrate.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 19:15 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Thankfully we have xmas and birthdays ect to fund our hobbies. Most the stuff I buy now days comes via saving and gifts. I could spend a hell lot more than I do but thankfully I'm quite a sensible person. But I do spend any spare cash on studio gadgets and gizmos.