Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > General Chat

General Chat Talk about music, art, sport, whatever, this is the place for it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-09-2018, 18:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Finger drumming
WaVeS WaVeS is offline 10-09-2018, 18:30 PM

I had been looking for different interfaces and hit upon this cool video about finger drumming. Might be old stuff for you, but it's new to me and I had been fascinated, even up to get me one of these pads and learn to play it - a real alternative to mididraw drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylb5Cafrixk

Last edited by WaVeS; 12-09-2018 at 07:58 AM..

WaVeS
*** VIP ***
Views: 162
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2018, 20:52 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

I've always said if I had to down size my studio, my drum pads would be last to go. Actually 2nd last, after my keyboards. I honestly spend ages tapping away making beats. Half the time I don't even record. I just jam out grooves You can get better value for money pads than the MASCHINE controller. Its a great controller, don't get me wrong but for much less you can get better value for your money. I bought a midi keyboard Akai MPK with drum pads built in. Great value for money.

Old 10-09-2018, 21:20 PM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
I've always said if I had to down size my studio, my drum pads would be last to go. Actually 2nd last, after my keyboards. I honestly spend ages tapping away making beats. Half the time I don't even record. I just jam out grooves You can get better value for money pads than the MASCHINE controller. Its a great controller, don't get me wrong but for much less you can get better value for your money. I bought a midi keyboard Akai MPK with drum pads built in. Great value for money.
I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read who started the thread before posting

Last edited by ericsaitz; 10-09-2018 at 21:23 PM..
Old 10-09-2018, 21:22 PM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaVeS View Post
I had been looking for different interfaces and hit upon this cool video about finger drumming. Might be old stuff for you, but it's new to me and I had been fascinated, even up to get me one of these pads and learn to play it - a real alternative to mididraw drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylb5Cafrixk
I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read ywho started the thread before posting
Awesome video! I've done plenty of finger drumming in my life but nothing as sweet as what Ricky or Mr. Invisible create. I would like to see more videos like this in the forum. I learned a thing or two about technique just from this one alone. Peace Eric
Old 11-09-2018, 20:09 PM
*** VIP ***

WaVeS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ricky for your tip. And yep, I can understand very well you enjoying just jamming with the pads. Looks and sounds really like big fun.

I found the video entertaining and informative as well, Eric. Youtube is a treasure trove for instructional videos, especially also for music creating questions. I am spending a lot of time there lately to learn more about Cubase and plugins, I'm using or rather tried to use so far....
Old 11-09-2018, 23:04 PM
Rogue Fungi

I've been following this thread for a few days (djc here) and checked out the video, as well as Ricky's gear. Definitely agree with what you are saying about the value of the youtube instructional videos, I've been using those to catch up on the music education I should have gotten decades ago. Haven't spent much time with the production vids yet, still working on performance, but glad to know they're available too.
Old 23-10-2018, 15:56 PM
Twisty

nothing like a bit of finger banging lol