MP3Unsigned Forum Guidelines
These guidelines for everyone participating in MP3unsigned.com. Our community is one of the key features of our site that differentiates us from our competition. We strive to protect the community spirit at all times whilst encouraging free debate.
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behaviour and activities that are allowed here at MP3Unsigned.com.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows disregard for them, our staff, and our community, they run the risk of losing their account and have their IP address banned. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
By participating in the forums at MP3Unsigned.com you agree to the following guidelines which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, the music that you post on MP3Unsigned.com and any other content on this site and participation in general.
RESPECT OTHER ARTISTS - Do not post copyright material (articles, audio, video, etc) that you do not have express permission to reproduce or distribute.
BE NICE - Please respect our site and forum users. Offensive language or images will be edited or deleted and users rum the risk of being banned if the problem persists. This is not the place to pursue attacks and accusations, we all have different opinions and backgrounds – respecting other community members is of utmost importance. 'Cyber bullying' will not be tolerated in this community.
DON’T BE NASTY - We all have the right to express our own views and opinions without fear of being attacked or personally insulted. Any offensive posts will be deleted and you may be banned from the website. By offensive we mean obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. The owner of MP3unsigned.com reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
DON'T SPAM - Do not spam the Forum or advertise on the Forum without express permission from the site Administrator. If you see something that you believe is spam, please hit the ‘Report Bad Post’ button and. All spam will be removed.
BE SAFE - Do not post personal real-life information on these forums relating to yourself or a third party such as home address, home phone number or other financial information such as credit card numbers and social security numbers etc. Any such posts should be reported immediately and will be removed, violators of this rule face account suspension. MP3Unsigned.com has a zero toleration policy for any breaches of data protection.
WE ARE NOT BIG BROTHER - Although the administrators and moderators of MP3unsigned.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MP3unsigned.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
So, if you think that someone has violated our Guidelines or is in some way acting against the spirit of the community and MP3Unsigned.com in general, or if you have spotted any material that may otherwise require our attention eg. breaches of copyright, please click the report bad post button on the post.
Notification of violations is strongly encouraged as it is needed to achieve high standards – something that all users of the MP3Unsigned forums are entitled to. Interpretation of the following User Guidelines is at the discretion of the staff
The Small Print...
- Cross –posting[/b] is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more of the posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations within the forum. Please try to ensure against this occurring by posting your topics in the most relevant place within the forums.
- Member post counting has it’s merits but not be taken too seriously. Mass posting of short and/or meaningless posts for the purposes of increases post count is prohibited. In general, please try not to post consecutive replies in a short space of time without interaction of other users.
- Advertisements are not allowed without the express permission of the site Administrator. Generally speaking, posts made specifically to promote a website, product or service that you are affiliated to is considered advertising. If you are interested in advertising on MP3Unsigned or the MP3Unsigned forums then please go through the correct procedure and contact email@example.com The general rule of thumb is, don’t post links you are affiliated to unless they are answering the question within the thread.
- You may mention websites and ventures you are involved in once they are not in violation of the general user guidelines (pornography or other illegal activities such as warez). Signature links must be kept in your signature profile. Anyone suspected of devious advertising methods is also in violation of this rule. Any affiliate URL or link that leads to you earning money, banner impressions, credits, points etc is not allowed in thread discussion. Such links are allowed in your signature profile but may not be referred to in posts.
- As this is an English speaking language forum we require that post be made in the English language. Brief interactions welcoming someone from another country in their native language are allowed but continuous posts that exclude the general community are not allowed. If you feel that you must converse in a foreign language with another member of the community, please do so by private messenger (PM).
- Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed on the site and will be removed. These forums are open to the public and all members must bear in mind that underage users and those easily offended may be surfing threads or posting on the site. If you must deal with a sensitive or adult topic, please do so in the relevant part of the forum such as Fight Club (unmoderated and recommended for persons over 18 only) or Rant (lightly moderated for persons of over 16 only). We try to maintain a family atmosphere open to musicians of all ages and backgrounds wherever possible in the main body of the site. Please keep this in mind when participating.
- When linking to an outside website, you must ensure the content of the link is appropriate for this community and is in line with the User Guidelines laid out here. Links to pornographic material and illegal downloads are not tolerated in this community.
- Posts discussing illegal activities including warez, software cracks etc are not allowed and will be removed. This includes the posting of information you have illegally obtained.
- Religious debates are to be kept to ‘Fight Club’ only. Just because the section is called ‘Fight Club’ does not mean that all threads posted there have to be argumentative in nature. However, be warned, this area of the forum is not for use by any persons under the age of 18 or anyone who is easily offended by strong views and/or strong language. Although the rule of thumb is that posts in this section of the site are unmodderated, there are some exceptions to the rule, these include malicious bullying (as opposed to vigorous debating), promoting illegal activities and any other discussion that could result in negative legal ramifications to the site, its’ staff or its owner.
- Automated account creation, participation and content scraping is not permitted.
- In general we only allow one account per person. If a second or third account is created it can only be done so for a specific project or collaboration, in such cases you must make reference to your primary id in the new signature file. In addition, any posts under the new id can only to be used in the New MP3 section of the forums and must only relate to the new project in question.
- It is understood that people will come and go and have to leave our community from time to time, as such we do not generally delete accounts, posts or other content published on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronics publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes part of the community, even if you are no longer a member. You may request an item is removed at any time but ultimately we will decide when and if the content is to be removed from our community. If you no longer wish to be identified with our community, we will gladly close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying information. Once an account has been closed it is permanently closed and you will no longer be able to participate in this community.
- Moderators and the site Administrator have the final say on anything. If you have a problem with the actions of our staff in their duties (or lack of duties), you may make a complaint to them directly and not in public on any part of MP3Unsigned.com or its forum. Creating threads that question administrative decisions such as removal of posts is not permitted. The staff at MP3Unsigned are all people and are prone to error like anyone else, if you feel that one of our staff has made a mistake, please contact us and we will review the situation.
- If you ever need clarification of any aspect of our User Guidelines or have a question, suggestion, some feedback or a problem with the site, please feel to contact me directly to ensure that it receives the proper attention. Please do not post it in the forums as it will be removed.
- Remember, we are all musicians striving to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere, So please have fun and enjoy the forums!