Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Artists > The Mixing Desk

The Mixing Desk Get advice, criticism and feedback on your mixes and works in progress (WIP's).

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-05-2010, 00:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groove Victim - Laid Back, Heavy Bass/Slow Kick
Later Dudes Later Dudes is offline 07-05-2010, 00:50 AM

Using some Minor Seventh chords with this one with some airy pads. I also added a little piano in there too.. No guitar on this one, but I won't rule that out.. I wouldn't mind having an electric guitar lead somewhere in the mix, but I'm no guitarist.. If a guitarist on here wants to have a crack at it, I wouldn't mind a bit! Otherwise, I'll just work up some more inspiration and get something improvised in there..

OK, enough of my talk.. Check out the progress!

Groove Victim [160kbps/5:48] Beta 10 Mix

LATEST UPDATE NEWS: OK, well now.. Listen for the Surprise! Hope it's a good surprise 'cause I worked hard at it.. Edited the kick and bass just a small bit. Kick has more mids AND there's another "backing" kick when the snare kicks in.. I thought it gave a little more fill percussion wise. Still working hard on the mix, but I think it's on it's way to becoming one of my better mixes..

Last edited by Later Dudes; 15-05-2010 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: New Update News

Later Dudes
Rock band roadie
Views: 631
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 AM
*** VIP ***

Steven Silverthorn is a jewel in the roughSteven Silverthorn is a jewel in the roughSteven Silverthorn is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Left ya some comments.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

Perfect relaxed mood track this one. What did you use to create it?

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy
Old 11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Rock band roadie

Later Dudes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID View Post
Perfect relaxed mood track this one. What did you use to create it?
FL Studio 8 aaalllll the way! I've learned to do it all in FL8.. Even the other stuff I used Sound Forge for is now done in Fruity.. I'll probably work on the kick just a tad since it seems to be in debate in the comments.. I think I know what I need to do with that one..

**Thanks for all the comments so far everyone! I was surprised to log in at see the response.. I think I even get a little more inspired with that happens.. **
Old 12-05-2010, 03:49 AM

VST HUNTER

FXMAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceManiac View Post
FL Studio 8 aaalllll the way! I've learned to do it all in FL8.. Even the other stuff I used Sound Forge for is now done in Fruity.. I'll probably work on the kick just a tad since it seems to be in debate in the comments.. I think I know what I need to do with that one..

**Thanks for all the comments so far everyone! I was surprised to log in at see the response.. I think I even get a little more inspired with that happens.. **
i got a kick fetish
Old 15-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Rock band roadie

New update about to be posted.. I did end up adding mids to the kick and dropping a few mids in the bass, but not a lot.. I also have an all new SURPRISE for everyone in the mix.. If the next render comes out like I hope it will, I'll post it up here for everyone's thoughts.. LIQUID is the "inspiration" or "idea giver" of this next new update..

Last edited by Later Dudes; 15-05-2010 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Wrong member name for inspiration.. Oops.. Sorry..
Old 15-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Rock band roadie

From Artist Comments:

**NEW UPDATE: OK, well now.. Listen for the Surprise! Hope it's a good surprise 'cause I worked hard at it.. Edited the kick and bass just a small bit. Kick has more mids AND there's another "backing" kick when the snare kicks in.. I thought it gave a little more fill percussion wise. Still working hard on the mix, but I think it's on it's way to becoming one of my better mixes.. **
Old 15-05-2010, 11:17 AM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Mix sounds good to me...quality

Old 28-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Rock band roadie

GROOVE VICTIM & ALL MUSIC PROJECTS ON HOLD FOR THE MOMENT. (Via news article in Signature)..