Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Artists > The Mixing Desk

The Mixing Desk Get advice, criticism and feedback on your mixes and works in progress (WIP's).

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-01-2013, 14:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acideus, WIP, Collaboration!
Dacheleigh Music Dacheleigh Music is offline 12-01-2013, 14:36 PM

New mix I'm working on and I'm very excited because it's a whole new sound, AND... It's also a collaboration! Still looking for a male vocalist/lyricsist so if anyone knows someone that wants to have some fun, send him my way!

Acideus: Acideus -- Dacheleigh Music, WIP/First Run

*Collaboration Information: Acideus [Male Vocalist/Lyricsist Collaboration - Violinist Too?]

LATEST UPDATE: Well, I "went to town" with it.. Went to a whole new and different direction that it really caught me way off guard.. There's now "emotion" in there.. Added I believe another whole minute to the mix.. Just, have a listen and tell me if I went off the deep end with this one or if the changes are worth it.. I think it is, but then again.. I've been listening to it for 4hrs or more

**SIDE NOTE: I forgot to add in an effect between the builds and the kick towards the end is overpowered by the pads.. Will have another update with that fix and more **

Last edited by Dacheleigh Music; 19-01-2013 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: New Update

Dacheleigh Music
Lockeroom beatboxer
Views: 498
Sponsored Links
Old 14-01-2013, 03:58 AM
Lockeroom beatboxer

Dacheleigh Music is on a distinguished road

UPDATE:
I agree about that lead synth from the comments.. I don't like it either.. I'm trying for a more acid sound but that one utterly failed lol.. I'm working on a different sound but it's not quite going according to planned. I'll need to look up some stuff online to make it happen I do believe. Also, the sound of the bass and kick I agree is good, BUT. I don't like the type of bass I'm using. Sooo I duplicated my main FLP file and worked hard on another bass keeping my frequencies the same so the bass and kick doesn't conflict. Haven't posted an update yet because I want to nail the acid synth first. I've also revised the percussion, because I agree on that as well lol.. Did a lot, but it'll be a day or two before I get an update because I need to get that acid synth flowing first..

Last edited by Dacheleigh Music; 14-01-2013 at 04:00 AM..
Old 15-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Lockeroom beatboxer

I'm having trouble getting a good acid lead synth sound.. Anyone have suggestions for FL Studio 10 default plugins and Sylenth?
Old 16-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Lockeroom beatboxer

**NEW UPDATE! Did a TON. However, my kick seems.. Not so new and up to date.. I'll be re-doing the kick. I revamped the bass, lead synths, and overall sound. Added a new intro, new filtering effects.. I was going for a good acid synth and ran into an issue and got that instead.. Still a work in progress so please stay tuned! Would love feedback along the way. I'll keep the forum post updated as well. Collaboration in progress, so please stay tuned! **
Old 17-01-2013, 00:49 AM
Lockeroom beatboxer

LATEST UPDATE: OK, the previous update I must apologize as I had been listening to it for many hours and had lost track of the bass and low ends.. I've re-EQ'd, toned down everything else while leveling off with the low/sub bass end of the mix. I've also revised the kick and the bass pattern riff. I need to know if kick and bass are once again flowing as I feel they are at this point, or am I completely blinded by the many hours of listening to this over and over again.. More updates coming soon
Old 19-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Lockeroom beatboxer

LATEST UPDATE: Well, I "went to town" with it.. Went to a whole new and different direction that it really caught me way off guard.. There's now "emotion" in there.. Added I believe another whole minute to the mix.. Just, have a listen and tell me if I went off the deep end with this one or if the changes are worth it.. I think it is, but then again.. I've been listening to it for 4hrs or more

**SIDE NOTE: I forgot to add in an effect between the builds and the kick towards the end is overpowered by the pads.. Will have another update with that fix and more **