Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Music Creation > Music Help

Music Help Need a hand with something or offering assistance? Post here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-07-2012, 07:34 AM  
Which drum software is best?
Erik Jurado Erik Jurado is offline 25-07-2012, 07:34 AM

Which is easiest and which is cheapest? I have no idea if I should go this way rather than banging my own beats to the cheap sound that my digital drum set makes. I have a Mac, so I'm sure that means 75% of the programs have been eliminated. Any help, advice or experience would be awesome.

Thanks!

Erik

Erik Jurado
Hip hop hummer limo driver
Views: 1833
Old 28-02-2013, 14:44 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

There's more to it than just dropping a midi loop on an ezdrummer track Erik. Make sure the loops sound natural, knock a few hits off the exact beat, listen to drummers and try to emulate what they do. Use ezdrummer as a multitrack instrument and split it up into kick, snare etc. most important is the overheads. Apply compression, eq etc on each tracks to get the best out of the drum samples, just as if it was a proper drum kit. Have a listen to my "heat of the night" for ideas on tone and timing:

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/TonyMille...+-+Tony+Miller

Upgrading to superior drummer would make a big difference too...

Last edited by TonyMiller; 28-02-2013 at 14:48 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2013, 17:07 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Pretty much comes down to the samples really. If you're using real drum kits not electric drum kits, then you should be able to get a good natural sound. I agree with tony 100% EQ and compression along with reverb can make a beat so much better. I've just got Native Instruments - Abbey Road Vintage Drummer. Awesome drum kits. over 7gig of drums and each drum is easily tuned. I've only had it a few days and very impressed with it. The mixer is really good, all runs in Kontakt player. I may even stop using Battery now and purely just use this.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...utorial-video/

Last edited by Disfunktional-DJs; 28-02-2013 at 17:44 PM..
Old 28-02-2013, 19:15 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

I've been thinking of getting the abbey road drums. You recommend vintage rather than modern Ricky?
Old 28-02-2013, 20:13 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

I not used the modern one so can't say. All I know is the vintage is so user friendly and can tune with ease. every kit sounds fantastic

Old 28-02-2013, 20:39 PM

Software Librarian

Been listening to the demo tracks. They both sound damn good. I can afford one, so I think I'll go for modern.
Old 28-02-2013, 20:52 PM

Wub My Ballz

I got it from a rep, so got it on the cheap (Copy) no crack needed and didn't have an option of modern. Only paid 20. Well worth it too

Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Hip hop hummer limo driver

Erik Jurado is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
There's more to it than just dropping a midi loop on an ezdrummer track Erik. Make sure the loops sound natural, knock a few hits off the exact beat, listen to drummers and try to emulate what they do. Use ezdrummer as a multitrack instrument and split it up into kick, snare etc. most important is the overheads. Apply compression, eq etc on each tracks to get the best out of the drum samples, just as if it was a proper drum kit. Have a listen to my "heat of the night" for ideas on tone and timing:

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists

Upgrading to superior drummer would make a big difference too...
That's all I need to do??? Multitrack? Split it up? Overheads? And then wrestle that damn EQ and compression now for drums? EZdrummer??? UPGRADE??? Maybe I'll just use bongos on every song.

I'll see if I can figure out what you're talking about. First, I'll check out your tune.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM

Software Librarian

Tell me what DAW you use, and I'll try and guide you through it...
Old 31-07-2017, 11:27 AM

First time at band camp

Frank Lampard is on a distinguished road

Did anyone try EZdrummer 2?