Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Music Creation > Music Help

Music Help Need a hand with something or offering assistance? Post here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 25-07-2012, 07:34 AM  
Which drum software is best?
Erik Jurado Erik Jurado is offline 25-07-2012, 07:34 AM

Which is easiest and which is cheapest? I have no idea if I should go this way rather than banging my own beats to the cheap sound that my digital drum set makes. I have a Mac, so I'm sure that means 75% of the programs have been eliminated. Any help, advice or experience would be awesome.

Thanks!

Erik

Erik Jurado
Hip hop hummer limo driver
Views: 2076
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Hip hop hummer limo driver

tbwig is on a distinguished road

In general, I'm always leaving the human-imperfection in these days, especially in the drum tracks, partially as a rage against the electronic machine of quantizing overkill, and partly because the days of rehearsing for hours per day, days per week , and weeks/month for years, is long gone. Human imperfection remains where it is not trained to perfection? Then again, was the struggle to perform flawlessly an illusion in the first place anyway? Something always seemed to come along to make a live performance "less-than-perfect" and humanize the artist. Humility is part of that human expression, perhaps?

Hey Ffabbia, nice to see you popping up here and there. Enjoyed the read.
Interesting thread. Using a drum interface -sticks and pads of any sort- is one way to keep it physically real. I also use loops as layers to thicken up a sound and do more robotic percussion that I cannot accomplish through my limited skill. I must admit to quantizing some parts too

And yes, filters and f/x are nearly unlimited and can generate a sound that you want specifically for a track. Nearly limitless possibilities for being creative in this journey. I have tapped pen barrel (took out the ink cartridge so it was hollow), and experimented sampling a variety of my coffee mugs, filtered and pitch/shifted to get a kick thump and snare thwap...I love playing around with sounds and textures.

All the best,
T
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 13:20 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

Same here Terry. Aerosol cans, old bottles, fire extinguishers, jars and metal boxes filled with nuts and bolts and a whole range of different sized cardboard boxes - to name just a few, feature in my music, at various levels of prominence.

The drums for 'Stunt Goldfish' were created purely upon cardboard boxes, real handclaps, various shakers, bongos, tambourines tabla drum and various household bits and bobs - all performed and recorded live with a mic, not an electronic instrument in sight

Old 08-10-2017, 08:15 AM
*** VIP ***

tom joas is on a distinguished road

Cubase, even the cheap versions (Elements) has Groove Agent included, I think it sounds quite good and you have a lot of choices to EQ, balance or put other effects on the sounds.
Old 08-10-2017, 13:50 PM
DarrenG

Have you tried Logic Pro x on mac. It's a superior version of garage band. The pro drummer on it is great. It has different styles, drummers and can change to the kind of song your playing..changing automatically on verses, choruses etc. I use it quite a lot. Ive also heard toon track's superior drummer 3 is good.