Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Music Creation > Music Help

Music Help Need a hand with something or offering assistance? Post here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 19-08-2016, 16:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
How do you get your music on Facebook?
Ffabbia Ffabbia is offline 19-08-2016, 16:15 PM

With much wailing and gnashing of teeth I'm going to have to reluctantly admit that I need to actually open a Facebook account. I know fcensoredk all about Facebook... actually I sodding hate Facebook, but it seems that it's now pretty-much a standard tool for musicians.

I've worked out how to open an account, and create an actual page - so far so good.... but that's as far as I've gotten.

So, question is, how do you get your stuff up on your Facebook page so that visitors can click and hear your music?

Do I need to upload all my songs to Youtube and then link them to the Facebook page, or is there some other method available? I keep hearing about music player apps, but instructions on how to actually find and install such things are few and far between.

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Ffabbia
*** VIP ***
Views: 493
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2016, 22:49 PM
RonD

Yes, the easiest way is to have your music on You Tube, soundcloud, Reverbnation etc and they all have a share buttons which includes FB, Twitter, Google etc
Old 20-08-2016, 00:41 AM
*** VIP ***

dawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nice

the other alternative is to copy the URL when your song is playing here...and paste into a post you make in facebook...i.e...give them a link and bring them here.
Old 20-08-2016, 16:04 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

I absolutely intend to do that as well Dawn. I was thinking in terms of having a song streamable on Facebook, with a download link underneath that would take people to MP3Unsigned.

And thanks Ron, if Youtube is the only way, or at least the best way, that's what I'll go with. I guess I'll need to splice a still image to each MP3 I upload and probably convert to MP4, FLV or DivX so that Youtube will accept them.

Old 20-08-2016, 16:35 PM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

Linking with soundcloud, or youtube is the easiest way to reach the most ears on facebook. Let's face it, most folks using it are on their phones, and phones and mp3unsigned don't get along all that well. I'll put a link on fb to my mp3u page as well when I post a song for the benefit of those listening on other devices...things just sound better here than anywhere else.
Old 21-08-2016, 15:10 PM
*** VIP ***

dawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nice

Also, while they are here, they might listen to more of your songs/tunes etc...not to mention having fun reading whiney rants from frustrated artists which usually end up as laughable comic strip rambles from our well-loved gang of tumbleweeders.
Old 21-08-2016, 17:52 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

There seems to have been one or two of those as of late. I'm wondering of somebody put something in the water.

Old 13-09-2016, 22:03 PM
*** VIP ***

diablomozart will become famous soon enoughdiablomozart will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsinclair View Post
the other alternative is to copy the URL when your song is playing here...and paste into a post you make in facebook...i.e...give them a link and bring them here.
that's pretty much what i do as well but i'm not good at facebook lol...d.m.