Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Music Creation > Music Help

Music Help Need a hand with something or offering assistance? Post here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 17-05-2017, 22:51 PM  
Any tips on how to mic up a guitar amp?
Ffabbia Ffabbia is offline 17-05-2017, 22:51 PM

Basically, I've just bought a new amp, nothing fancy, just a nice, compact cheap 10 watt job for practice purposes - because I got sick of constantly hook up to my PC just to play the damned thing.

Frankly it's been a long time since I used a guitar amp. I've grown used to just plugging the guitar and effects pedals into a pre-amp, and then that goes straight into my sound card. I then post-produce using use various amp simulations and software tools.

So for actual miking up I have a boom stand a condenser and the amp. I may as well have a stab at recording guitar that way - capture some nice room ambience.

So anyone have any tips? Dos and don'ts?

Ffabbia
*** VIP ***
Views: 838
Old 30-06-2017, 16:32 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

Sorry for the late reply Toshaq, and thank you.

Now this is going to sound strange and probably silly - but I was wanting to achieve it using 'natural methods' rather than via post production, or filters if that makes sense. Indeed I have a whole bunch of studio tools and various bits and bobs capable of achieving that sound, but I want to go for a purely live effect. Not sure if that makes sense.. probably not

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2017, 21:10 PM
*** VIP ***

diablomozart will become famous soon enoughdiablomozart will become famous soon enough

unsure if that sound can be achieved naturally as the floyd sound was definitely an eq trick...it'd be an odd sounding acoustic for sure...maybe try a large diaphragm mic up near the nut of the guitar?...d.m.