Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Music Creation > Music Industry Quick Reference

Music Industry Quick Reference Been contacted by a label or publisher? Check here to see if anyone has heard of them.

""

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 20-02-2011, 10:30 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
A&R Select
ANDYF ANDYF is offline 20-02-2011, 10:30 AM

Anyone have any information about this outfit? I was approached by email following them listening to my music. Has anyone here been approached in a similar way by these?

copy of email
Hi, this is Andy with A&R Select. Right now we're looking for an artist in your genre, and I came across your page. I really enjoyed the song "Ps. I Love You", and I'd like to recommend you to one of our New Talent Reps. If you're interested, shoot me a contact number, and I'll pass your music along.
We hope to hear back from you soon!
Andy with Relocate

Take Care

Andy

ANDYF
*** VIP ***
Views: 5580
Sponsored Links
Old 20-02-2011, 11:37 AM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

You can tell by the way the message is worded that something's fishy, here's a little report behind that assumption:

Report: A&R Select
Reported By: Pissed_off_royal (BUFFALO New York United States of America)
A&R Select Joe A&R Select Scammers Beware hollywood, California
*UPDATE Employee: laughable

A&R Select
8286 Santa Monica Boulevard
hollywood California 90046
United States of America
Phone: 323-320-7424
Web Address: Relocate

Category: Talent Scouts

Submitted: Thursday, July 01, 2010
Last posting: Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A&R Select is the The New talent 2k, just ask Josh, he clearly states it on his Voicemail if you call him at 320 230 7424. By the way ive never done business with josh Joe was supposed be my A&R but his directline seem to have been taken over by his alter ego Josh. I began doing business with this company in Jan 2010. I first spoke with brittany if that her real name we discusssed thier premium package gold. the total cost was 500. If you want the detials on what they are supposed to offer you should jut check out thier web page @ arselect.com, in anysense they do not deliver anything but a illegal debit to your bank account , because if you do any business with them what so every im sure Joe and Britnay and Josh and Mr Magoo are all having a tea party with your checking account cuz 9/ 10 they have your card number. After they overdrew my checking account i called because i received an email. Joe said i had to call billing, but they have no number for billing. He then said billing would call me but they never did. that was 3/31/2010. it is now 7/1/10 and they will not return my calls or do anything that they illegally paid themselves to do. Before doing any busines with this company check the BBB because they dont have a buiness liscense. They are a phiising company. Talent 2ks main A&R name was Joe Black. I think he might have put is Cousin Joe X(no name Given) down on the Scam. But what they will do i make things ound good Like They Are legit BUt THEY ARE A SCAM COMPANY OUT FOR YOUR MONEY> REAL A&RS DONT ASK FOR YOUO MONEY. AND HAVE WRITTEN COONTRACTS . BEWARE TALENT 2k AKA A&R SELECT BY THE WAY THIER other Info

Joe@arselect.com

Josh@arselect.com

323 230 7426 joe(A.k.A.) Josh main line

323 988 5734
Old 20-02-2011, 11:42 AM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

They also contact ppl on their facebook wall which is completely unprofessional and an obvious scam he uses the following profile as Derek Rye, posted the following message @ the Premises page The Premises | Facebook on feb 13th:

Security Check Required | Facebook
Derek Rye
Hey, this is Andy with A&R Select. Right now we're looking for an artist in your genre, and I came across your page. I really enjoyed the song "INSANE GIRL", and I'd like to recommend you to one of our New Talent Reps. If you're interested, shoot me a contact number, and I'll pass your music along.

We hope to hear back from you soon!

Andy with arselect.com
Old 20-02-2011, 11:45 AM
* Pop Star *

There's also a bad BBB report: BBB Business Review of A & R Select - Music Management - Hollywood, CA
Old 20-02-2011, 11:48 AM
* Pop Star *

And one more for the road: A&R Select? - Just Plain Networking Forum
Old 21-02-2011, 07:49 AM

*** VIP ***

ANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Hydro

Very informative thank you indeed.

Andy
Old 23-02-2011, 14:17 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

"Shoot me a contact number" turned me off straight away! Also, "arselect.com" is an unfortunate choice of web address (mainly funny to brits I suppose).

You know the axiom: If it seems too good to be true....

Which is sad, because your music deserves to be heard. Have you tried approaching TV/Film companies?

Last edited by TonyMiller; 24-02-2011 at 20:04 PM..
Old 23-02-2011, 18:55 PM

*** VIP ***

ANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura aboutANDYF has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply and I too had a 'titter' at the website but agree it would not mean much to anyone across the Atlantic. I have pitched to quite a few others and am plodding on!

Take Care

Andy
Old 24-02-2011, 20:05 PM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold

If you find anything hopeful out there, give us a contact, and I'll do the same for you...
Old 16-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

I used to know a Noomi...

Noomi Dickwad.

Is that you?