Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Artists > New MP3s

New MP3s Posted a new mp3, discuss it here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 22-12-2008, 17:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Peter Bagshaw Peter Bagshaw is offline 22-12-2008, 17:04 PM

Hi, not really new mp3's but I've just learnt I'm no longer a VIP and can't afford to be one at the moment as my credit is well and truly crunched! So I've had to reduce my 20 songs to 3. Hope I've left the right ones up.

As a matter of interest has anyone had the misfortune to have placed any songs on a website called tracktester.com? A thoroughly dispiriting experience or maybe I am just crap!

Peter Bagshaw
Final level of Guitar Hero
Views: 228
Sponsored Links
Old 22-12-2008, 17:16 PM
Sidewalk moonwalker

Peelington has a spectacular aura aboutPeelington has a spectacular aura aboutPeelington has a spectacular aura about

I was goin to put my stuff on that site, i guess now i wont bother! Thanks for the heads up! Oh and Merry Xmas!
Old 23-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Peter Bagshaw is on a distinguished road

Tracktester is actually a very good idea except that the testers seem to feel that because they're anonymous it gives them the right, if they don't like a track or they think something could be improved to say so in a highly insulting way. There is no repsect on that site. Here, everyone is constructive with any criticism and it's usually very useful feedback. There is mutual respect here because we all know that writing and recording a piece of music can be bloody hard work and usually is from start to finish. I wouldn't dream of sl*gging somebody off simply because I didn't like their genre or their voice or the arrangement or whatever because like everybody else here, I'm aware of how much effort has gone into it and how much what a person has produced means to them. That's where a lot of the track testers fall down they think it's clever to make cheap and unkind remarks. A little bit of civility and courtesy wouldn't go amiss. Anyway - rant over!
Old 23-12-2008, 16:30 PM
Timberland's tape op

DSSMusic has a spectacular aura aboutDSSMusic has a spectacular aura about

Took a look at the site last night, but most of it was in German or similar language. Having enough trouble with the Spanish so don't need another headache!
It's such a shame when people have to be downright rude about another persons music. After all, every song is very personal to each of us, a little like a photo album. Even songs that may have been written years ago hold memories of the time we recorded them, who we worked with, where the home studio was at the time (garage/bedroom/etc).

Constructive criticism is great, when valid, and if we are prepared to listen to the advice and do something with it, we move forward hopefully.Mp3U is great for this and we also learn so much from comments on other peoples songs and apply the same advice to our own songs.

None of us can appreciate every type of music, although we all know that a lot of time has been spent whatever the genre. If we don't have anything good or constructive to say, then we should say nothing and it's a pity that the listeners on Tracktester don't do the same.

P.S. Just realised Peter, that you put this post in New Mp3 category and probably should of been under the heading of 'Rant' or General Chat.Edited by: DSSMusic
Old 23-12-2008, 21:47 PM

*** VIP ***

Pidgeman will become famous soon enoughPidgeman will become famous soon enough

C's up for Cliff Overlooking The Sea
Merry Christmas
Craig

Old 24-12-2008, 19:40 PM

Thanks for pointing that out guys - this is really in the wrong forum - sorry folks!
Old 24-12-2008, 19:45 PM

Many thanks for the comments Craig and a Merry Christmas to you.

ps. hadn't thought about the intro sounding like MASH - you have a point!