Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Artists > New MP3s

New MP3s Posted a new mp3, discuss it here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Searching For Something
Mark McCafferty 06-09-2018, 11:34 AM

No it's not a question;-)

New track, I played this to my wife, but didn't tell her what it was about or where it came from. It was very interesting listening to her interpretation of the song compared to what it is actually about!

I think I'll do that here! let a few peeps listen to it, if you do pop a comment on what you think it's about and then I'll break down the lyrics and what the actual story of the song is...

Sounds like fun, maybe we should all do that now and again;-)

Mark McCafferty
Views: 141
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2018, 01:32 AM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McCafferty View Post
No it's not a question;-)

New track, I played this to my wife, but didn't tell her what it was about or where it came from. It was very interesting listening to her interpretation of the song compared to what it is actually about!

I think I'll do that here! let a few peeps listen to it, if you do pop a comment on what you think it's about and then I'll break down the lyrics and what the actual story of the song is...

Sounds like fun, maybe we should all do that now and again;-)
Great song Mark and I like the idea of including other peoples interpretations. I left ya a comment before I say your post I'll have to give it another spin or two. Please post the lyric
Old 07-09-2018, 21:48 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of
Talking

Is it important to songwriters that the listener understands the context of a song?
Are the words and meaning more important than the music?
Just curious.

Old 08-09-2018, 00:30 AM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtA View Post
Is it important to songwriters that the listener understands the context of a song?
Just curious.
Hi Mart
I am sure many songwriters like to leave a songs interpretation to the listener and don't care at all. My lyric writing is pretty direct so for me, yes I hope that the listener will understand my meaning. I love music. I will admit I prefer to experience most songs with lyrics. Again I think it's because I write both. I do not think lyrics are more important than the music. I could listen to someone play a beautiful instrumental or song all night long but have a hard time sitting through more than ten minutes of poetry. Music alone does tend to paint a picture in my minds eye
Old 08-09-2018, 00:57 AM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtA View Post
Just curious.

Yes, particularly if you're not gifted with a melodic vocal and have a hard time hitting the notes in the half-octave range you've got! So you'd better have something interesting to say That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. A lot of times that's enough, but if you're failing there you'd better have a damned good beat and a lot of distraction.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Rapping into a hairbrush

kallen is on a distinguished road

I think its not best if I don't keep what's not going on in my lyrics...to meself. haha
Old 08-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Mark McCafferty

So,

I came up with this ttrack after getting lost going to a meeting!!! ;-)

However there's a wee bit more to it...

I was heading through to Glasgow for a meeting just beside Glasgow Green at the Templeton building.

I grew up close to there when I was young as my Granny lived close to Glasgow Green, so knew my way around the area very well.

SoI get off a new part of the motorway they'd just built, stop at some lights and I'm lost!! But at the same time I knew exactly where I was, it was just that there were no landmarks left from my childhood to identify..

So for 10 seconds I had this weird felling that although I knew where I was..I didn't

It was like my childhood memories of that area had in those 10 seconds been ripped away, the buildings, the people, the places, and in those moments I was searching for a glimpse of the past...

So thats what this tune is about, or should I say where it camr from, as mentioned above, to each listener depending on their experiences and whats going on in their lives it can be interpreted by them completely differently...

Cheers

MMc
Old 08-09-2018, 15:34 PM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reveal, Mark I like that back-story, glad the moment inspired you. Interesting post, it certainly aroused my interest in the song.