Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 21-06-2009, 15:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
realshanti realshanti is offline 21-06-2009, 15:12 PM

Have a question - my friend gets a red X instead of the player when he tries to play the tunes on an artist page....what does he need to do? Thanks in advance[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] He has a PC and plenty of memory....

I\'m out of my mind but feel free to leave a message...

realshanti
*** VIP ***
Views: 1033
Sponsored Links
Old 21-06-2009, 15:20 PM

*** VIP ***

Pidgeman will become famous soon enoughPidgeman will become famous soon enough

Does he have windows media player on his PC? If not then the pages that use media player may not work.
He should be able to d/l the latest version easy enough from microsoft website.
If this isn't the problem then I don't know

Old 21-06-2009, 15:23 PM

*** VIP ***

Pidgeman will become famous soon enoughPidgeman will become famous soon enough

Talking of which, the look of the media player on all pages of this site have been strange recently on my PC which is why I've switched to the Flash player.
Is anyone else having the same problem?

Old 21-06-2009, 17:04 PM
Lord of the Files

Management has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud ofManagement has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeman
Talking of which, the look of the media player on all pages of this site have been strange recently on my PC which is why I've switched to the Flash player.
Is anyone else having the same problem?
Well the media player is actually whatever version is unstalled on your computer, it isn't determined by MP3Unsigned. If you've installed an update recently then thiscould cause a change in the way it looks.

The red X thing - [img][/img] is normally where a linked objector picturecannot appear because the link is bad. I would suggest re-installing media player or trying other web browsers.
Old 21-06-2009, 19:16 PM
*** VIP ***

realshanti will become famous soon enoughrealshanti will become famous soon enough

Ah thanks Super and Pidge - I will relay the message - I'm sure he's using an out of date Windows player as he never downloads updates and I usually end up doing that for him[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 21-06-2009, 19:17 PM

One Of McLovins Entourage

m4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud of

If your friend is using Firefox as his browser, he will need to install a plugin.

Just follw this link to a guide on how to install it.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...n+with+Firefox

Edited by: m4rt3z

Old 21-06-2009, 19:57 PM

VIP

Matt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to behold

i made stupid mistake and installing firefox 3.10 not compatible with this plugin[img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img]

so google chrome ftw [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 22-06-2009, 05:14 AM

Site Coder, Axe Shredder and Banner of Spamming Idiots

Superhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to behold

Google Chrome is a lot quicker but I find it crashes every now and then - not as stable as IE8. I was getting broken players too a while back but I updated Flash and downloaded all of the critical updates from Microsoft and everything was sorted.
Superhuman = Developing mp3unsigned.com
Darth Raver = Forum Administrator

Any questions?.... ask Darth Raver!

Old 22-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Senior Moderator

GreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant futureGreyB has a brilliant future

I also use Chrome and have had no problems with crashes but I do find it a bit idiosyncratic when it comes to posts and using BBCodes. Unlike IE (which is very user friendly on the boards) you have to know how to use square brackets if you want to do some of the interesting stuff (particularly from the quick post option - it's not so bad if you use the full reply editor).

I've also found that there are a few sites that most definitely have not been optimised for it's use as the formatting can be a bit "all over the place" when compared to IE.

I think future site authors are going to have more work to do with site optimisation as other browsers become more popular.

Have you seen, by the way, that the new version of Opera (it's called Opera Unite) comes with built in server capabilities so you can become a mini-web server from your desktop. I haven't looked into it too closely (and you'd want to be reassured about the whole security angle) but there's a feeling that it could revolutionise the way people use the web.

More info here

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
Marilyn vos Savant
Old 23-06-2009, 03:59 AM
*** VIP ***

realshanti will become famous soon enoughrealshanti will become famous soon enough

okies - uploaded the new windows media player and all is well - thanks so much to all for your input - working perfectly!