Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""
View Poll Results: Should we keep the Chatbox?
No - get rid of it altogether 2 9.09%
No - replace it with a chatroom 6 27.27%
Yes - let's keep it as it is 4 18.18%
Yes - but it should be moved 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-01-2010, 23:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Should we keep the Chatbox?
Amadeus Amadeus is offline 10-01-2010, 23:11 PM

Hey guys, besides running this poll to get your opinions I am also running an experiment to port data out of this thread into a new module I'm testing. If you get a chance please vote on the above poll, there has been some discussion lately about whether the chatbox has hurt the number of thread posts in the forum. Feel free to discuss the poll or the chatbox etc in this thread.
Thanks for your time,
A

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Last edited by Amadeus; 10-01-2010 at 23:29 PM..

Amadeus
Admin Group
Views: 2037
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 23:52 PM

One Of McLovins Entourage

m4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud ofm4rt3z has much to be proud of

Yes but it should be moved, i like the chatbox but if you remove it and the only way to get to it is thru the chatbox full link. I hate when it refreshes when you are trying to scroll up and the only way thats less annoying is in chatbox full

Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Software Librarian

TonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to beholdTonyMiller is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rt3z View Post
Yes but it should be moved, i like the chatbox but if you remove it and the only way to get to it is thru the chatbox full link. I hate when it refreshes when you are trying to scroll up and the only way thats less annoying is in chatbox full
I concur with the previous speaker

("Hear hear" etc)
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
*** VIP ***

dawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nicedawnsinclair is just really nice

I don't like the way it refreshes when I am trying to read back either....apart from that I love it because if it's hidden I forget there is a chat box at all.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Site Coder, Axe Shredder and Banner of Spamming Idiots

Superhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to beholdSuperhuman is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to keep it but maybe move it, perhaps down the page so you have to scroll down past the forums first to get there. Or it could be on another page, I wouldn't mind getting there from a tab myself. The refreshing is annoying alright but you don't notice it if you click on Chatbox Full.
Superhuman = Developing mp3unsigned.com
Darth Raver = Forum Administrator

Any questions?.... ask Darth Raver!

Old 11-01-2010, 13:48 PM

Analogue Abuser

Dave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant future

Tuck it away somewhere, yes. People have mentioned that the old chatroom used to be busy sometimes.... must have been a different one I looked at then, it was only busy in the evening but then only fairly rarely. Bloody thing was so damn ugly to boot. Chatbox is good.
Old 29-05-2010, 17:57 PM

Playing air guitar in front of the mirror

Alphametrix is on a distinguished road

I think it is a good idea, but I dont like where it is on the site. Definitely should be moved, but kept.
Old 30-05-2010, 12:25 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

The chat box is huge Amadeus, why don't you just make a category under chat called chatbox and put in a mp3u radio that plays all the featured artists' tracks.
Old 08-06-2010, 16:43 PM

*** VIP ***

HoneyThick is on a distinguished road

I liked the chatbox when it first arrived, but lately it seems that there is no one around when I chat. I'll come back later and see someone responded to my message like an hour after I left it. So, I haven't gotten much use out of it lately. But if people like it, it's fine to keep it.
Old 13-06-2010, 16:29 PM
Rock band roadie

Later Dudes is on a distinguished road

Definitely keep it, but I like it better at the top where you can see if someone wants to say hi.. It's kinda' a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom to see if anyone is online and chattin'. Yes, you may lose some posts with the chatbox, but all people have to do is PM each other for a messenger and do the same thing. Message boards are great to get everyone's opinions and thoughts rolling into one spot. If someone wants to get everyone involved, it doesn't matter if there's a chatbox on the message board or not, they're still going to post it up. I actually rather having a chatbox so you don't have to worry about PMing someone to get their email address to get on a messenger. And it's definitely not going to stop me from posting on here..

Hope that gives you another point-of-view..

EDIT: Hmm.. I see everyone above actually likes it at the bottom.. Oh well.. I'm too much of a forum mods junkie I guess..

Last edited by Later Dudes; 13-06-2010 at 16:32 PM..