Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 29-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
New site is now Live!
Amadeus Amadeus is offline 29-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Rating: (1 votes - 5.00 average)

Welcome to the new & improved MP3Unsigned.com!

18 months in development, hundreds of hours discussing what our members need and what the best online community for unsigned artists and bands should offer. So here we are. A completely revamped and redesigned website and we’d love to hear what you think!

Since the site was taken over last March, we’ve embarked on a radical overhaul of the code and functionality. All of which means it is now more usable, scalable, web friendly, and embraces the world of social media to help assist with your music creation and production.

Our mission is the following “To be the world’s number one meeting point for unsigned artists and bands, providing a social network for musicians which is user focused and democratic for all music tastes”

We hope you sign up, or if you are a regular loyal member, start to explore the site.

A little history…

Mp3unsigned.com began life in 2002, making it one of the web’s oldest unsigned artists communities. It flourished in its early existence, with visitor numbers nearing 300,000 at one point in 2005. But the site’s original founder, Stew, fell ill and became unable to maintain the site and so it was taken over by a long time member of the community.

In summary – the new site offers:

A new innovative website – simple and powerful to use
New band/artists pages – slick image management
Increased numbers of tracks and videos
More competitions
Improved Chart system – with Top 100 accessible from homepage
State of the art media player
New ways to promote your presence
As always – honest feedback on your music
Most importantly… access to best community of unsigned artists anywhere!
What we don’t offer:
  • False promises to our members of huge fame and fortune
  • No unrealistic promises of record deals
  • Street teams’ or other dishonest notions of mass fan base creation
  • Lifeless forums
  • Spammers clogging up your artist pages with ads and promo links to their own music

Looking Forward

There are further enhancements to the site planned and this is only Phase 1, so come onboard and discover a host of new tools and features to help you create, produce, collaborate and promote your music. The next big update with be the forum, we’ll be making a major upgrade that will provide a whole load of new features and goodies. More on that soon.

And finally, we would like to thank all of the loyal users of mp3unsigned for making this site what it is today. You’ve been very patient and understanding during the upgrade process which was a long and winding road!

And on that note, “take me to you music!”

Admin

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Amadeus
Admin Group
Views: 1823
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2010, 02:35 AM

VIP

Matt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to beholdMatt is a splendid one to behold

sounds awesome, so happy the new site is finally here~

i wish this site all the best in the future for success~

i've been with the site for 4 years and watching the community evolve and grow has been an experience~ =D
Old 30-07-2010, 01:14 AM

*** VIP ***

paredafoe is on a distinguished road

Absolutely bloomin well done to you A. and everyone involved. Only had a brief look around but the changes look awesome. A stonking upgrade but still keeping the spirit of Stews original vision alive.

A big Huzzah to one and all.

Glyn
Old 30-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Analogue Abuser

Dave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant futureDave Fountain has a brilliant future

To completely revamp a website is no mean feat in itself, but to retain its independent spirit rather than take the easier route of corporate bullshit is an even greater feat. I throw my hat into the air and whoop 'Huuuurrraaahhhh'
Old 15-03-2015, 13:48 PM

First time at band camp

LooP Library is on a distinguished road
Default excellent job

i also want to second what DF said earlier about it being nice that some sites retain their independance and dont get sucked in by the bigger giants, who sadly sometimes want exposure at the expense of local home-grown talent, regarless where that talent might be from...

this is an excellent community, which i used to use a long time ago, but stopped after i kinda gave up on my music for a while... (think i just needed a break)

now, im back, and its great to be back, and its nice to see such a wonderfully done site with a warm, friendly, independant, community...

great work MP3U, keep it up.

An Extensive Percussion LooP Library to Down-Load and Jam to from jsm...
The First 'Try b4u Buy' Wav Sample Website from jsm @ S.M.Studios...

The Percussion LooP Library
www.looplibrary.co.uk