Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 23-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Facebook like button on artists pages
Amadeus Amadeus is offline 23-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Hey Everyone,

Some of you have probably already noticed the new Facebook 'like' buttons on your artist pages. There is one at the top - which enables people to 'like this artist' and one down in the Track Info box that enables people to 'like this track'.

The Like button allows users to share your content with their friends on Facebook. So when someone clicks the 'like' button on your artist page, this will appear their friends' News Feed on Facebook with a link back to your artist page.

By 'liking' your own page all of your friends on Facebook will see this on their Newsfeeds and any of them who in turn 'like' that link will be publishing that to their list of friends Newsfeeds. This is a great way to spread the word about your music and artist page. Just don't go 'liking' all of your tracks in one go!

We're tweaking the way these links appear on the Facebook Newsfeeds at the moment so you should have better looking links with Artist Name and Track Title later in the day. As soon as this has been fixed up I'll let you know.

A

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Amadeus
Admin Group
Views: 2105
Sponsored Links
Old 23-02-2011, 15:33 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Boss - can you provide a link to (say) your FB page where we can see it enacted. I'm saying this cos I pressed "like" on one of my songs yesterday and I see no trace of it on FB (mine or Hank miller's).

Maybe ya can press "like" on someone's song and then we can all see how this is meant to work cos at the moment i'm confused as to what it's meant to do.

I think ya should press it on one of ant's cos he's always desperate for attention lol

Should it say something like "James Oakwood likes this song <link>"?

Andy
Old 23-02-2011, 15:35 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

if you clicked on the crazy something or other track... it is showing on your wall

Old 23-02-2011, 17:53 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

EDIT - it doesn't give the track name or anything - it just says "james akwood likes mp3unsigned etc." - wouldn't it be all worthwhile if it said something like....

James Oakwood likes "Crazy 'bout ya" on mp3unsigned.com

It's a bit minimalistic for attracting anyone's attention methinks

Also it said that ten other folk also like this song (on my mp3u songpage) - how do you track down who these folk are?

Andy

Last edited by James Oakwood; 23-02-2011 at 19:39 PM..
Old 24-02-2011, 12:51 PM

Admin Group

Amadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond repute

The artist name and track title is being added at the moment, hope to have it fixed up today

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 24-02-2011, 20:42 PM

*** GIT ***

Will i need to "unlike" the track I previously "liked" and then re"like" again to make it work boss? Does this make sense as a question?
Old 24-02-2011, 20:45 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

Nothing you say makes since Andy LOL but when the coding changes it should update what we already liked.
Old 24-02-2011, 21:24 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

No moans here - a positive move for the site as far as I can see.
Old 27-02-2011, 01:23 AM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

Saw the update, now were cookin with oil.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Triangle in the school band

mikeeasley is on a distinguished road

This is what I like about Facebook. I hope they can improve more features though.