Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-03-2011, 18:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Facebook 'like' button now on all tracks!
Amadeus Amadeus is offline 03-03-2011, 18:23 PM

Hey everyone, we've just made a major update which has added Facebook 'like' buttons on every artist page and track on mp3unsigned.com Unlike most 'likes' from outside of Facebook which appear on your Facebook profile page only, we have tweaked it so when someone 'likes' one of your links on mp3unsigned a link will appear directly on all of their friends Facebook Newsfeeds.

By 'liking' your own page all of your friends on Facebook will see this on their Newsfeeds and any of them who in turn 'like' that link will be publishing that to their list of friends Newsfeeds. Generally speaking, if you ask your friends to 'like' your track so they can help you spread the word they will do so. This is a great way to spread the word about your music and artist page. Just don't go 'liking' all of your tracks in one go as you will end up spamming all of your friends.

Have fun!

A

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Amadeus
Admin Group
Views: 2126
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 22:58 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Same old story me being thick - I can see my "crazy" track "liked" onto my FB page but it doesn't appear to be on others pages/newsfeeds, yet I see one that Tony Miller has done on my newsfeed. Durr
Old 04-03-2011, 01:22 AM
*** VIP ***

geiger167 has a spectacular aura aboutgeiger167 has a spectacular aura about

Think you are confused, if you 'like' something it appears on all of your friends feeds and your own (you would not see this on their feeds unless they also 'liked' the track) It's working exactly as it should in the normal way. You obviously cant control what your friends like, it's up to them to 'like' something and for the tracks to grow in popularity.
Tony, for example also liked your track, so it appeared on my feed (as did your like for your own track as you are both on my friends list) so all of Tony's friends will see he 'liked' the track and possibly be moved to listen to it. It's a bit like viral marketing.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 AM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiger167 View Post
Think you are confused, if you 'like' something it appears on all of your friends feeds and your own (you would not see this on their feeds unless they also 'liked' the track) It's working exactly as it should in the normal way. You obviously cant control what your friends like, it's up to them to 'like' something and for the tracks to grow in popularity.
Tony, for example also liked your track, so it appeared on my feed (as did your like for your own track as you are both on my friends list) so all of Tony's friends will see he 'liked' the track and possibly be moved to listen to it. It's a bit like viral marketing.
Good answer... I understand now.... cheers Al
Old 10-03-2011, 18:02 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Oh,woe is me....

Yes,that's right...I'm depressed...had 19 FB likes on my page...I come back after a coupla weeks of debauchery...and they're all gone!

All of 'em!!...?

the b@st@rds!..like rats on a sinking ship.

Who's knicked 'em?...c'mon...own up...

(I have my sneaky suspicions....)

Old 12-03-2011, 15:49 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

All mine are gone too lol.
Old 16-03-2011, 15:03 PM
Jamming for free in a music shop

Izain is on a distinguished road

FB just started deprecating development code (final deprecation date - 18th March)...Maybe that impacted upon the fb 'like' button...I know new stuff can only make use of xfbml or iFrames in tabs...all else will soon cease to work on fb...I'm probably completely wrong about the whole thing though
Old 21-03-2011, 01:40 AM

Admin Group

Amadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond reputeAmadeus has a reputation beyond repute

The previous likes disappeared because we had to reupload a fresh version of the code (approx 2 weeks before this current post). There shouldn't be any further impact to the number of likes or cross posts to friends newsfeeds.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned
twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Triangle in the school band

mikeeasley is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update about this Facebook "likes". I think I have to start creating my own fan page too.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 AM
First time at band camp

bambie is on a distinguished road

Wow, nice! Facebook now is everywhere in any websites.