Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-07-2011, 17:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
ABOUT IPs & VOTEs !!!
Darth Raver Darth Raver is offline 05-07-2011, 17:56 PM

LET US MAKE CLEAR THE PRESENT AND ONGOING POLICY REGARDING VOTES AND IP ADDRESSES:

In theory two or more human beings who independently and honestly have a high personal regard for any given song could vote from one computer and technically no rules have be broken.

However, the mp3u software has no way of knowing how many real humans voted from one IP, therefore the one vote per IP address rule is in effect, in order to eliminate those unscrupulous cheats who would vote hundreds of times from the same computer - just because they could.

Some have called for the abolition of votes accepted from listener accounts, however, we feel outside votes are a good gauge of how the world outside accepts our music.

Therefore, we will continue to accept listener votes, but note:

All votes for any song, be they from musician or listener accounts, will originate from one and only one original IP address.

Multiple accounts attributed to one IP address can sometimes be valid (in the case of musician side projects etc.) however we can no longer accept mutiple votes through different accounts from the same IP on the same song. If any such votes are discovered they will be deleted immediately.

We are serious about this issue, as hopefully is clear from how we dealt with a recent member who reached number 1 by less than honest methods.

Apologies for the Party Pooper tone, but a mod's gotta do what a mod's gotta do.

Your servant,

Darth.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Darth Raver
Admin Group
Views: 6618
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 19:23 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

I don't see what the problem is with having a separate listener and Artist chart side by side as far as voting worries are concerned, I've never gotten a listener vote before you lucky fk's LOL...
Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Dude abiding

Deon is on a distinguished road

I was away from this site for a long spell, when. after getting more involved again, a friend of mine said she had voted for one of my songs! Whoa.. i asked how on earth she did that..had she become an artist? no a 'listener account' that was new to me. Clearly it's open to abuse, and very easily especially if a group of buddies were to get together. The charts don't make a good track we all know that, and never have, but the whole ethos of a community, is community. If we want that community to have any real kudos then Sir Hydro's ideas of setting up two chart would clearly be 'A' solution, however contrived. Commenting on chart issues has always been like leaping into the fire. It aint the be all and end all of this place, but sure it is a thrill for all of us who put many many hours into our creative endeavour to see we have an audience. I guess to some degree we always have to trust the majority of us here seek only that simple pleasure and operate accordingly. PEACE MAN
Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 AM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

2 charts would work for the weekly charts but what about the genre charts? They, traditionally have been voted on by VIPs and it makes sense to me to keep it this way - i.e. only registered artists votes count to the genre charts.

I would also like to see votes only allowed if a comment as been made on that song by the voter. Or if a vote is left by someone who hasn't commented then an automatic comment posted such as "voted". At least then there is transparency.

I would also like to see downloads for a song disabled to folk who haven't already voted/commented. I'm just nosey about this stuff.

Andy
Old 07-07-2011, 16:39 PM
* Pop Star *

Hydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura aboutHydro Hellsing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Oakwood View Post
I would also like to see downloads for a song disabled to folk who haven't already voted/commented. I'm just nosey about this stuff.

Andy
?? You mean you want we should force ppl to comment on/Vote for our music before they're allowed to D/L it??????

You have NO future in music marketing Andy...
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro Hellsing View Post
You have NO future in music marketing Andy...
Well thank god for that. In fact, I wouldn't want a future in any form of marketing!! Now don't get me started on the stupid wankers who phone me almost every night asking if I want to change my phone accounts or ISP or utility suppies.

Thinking about what you said Hydro, surely having the knowledge about who has downloaded yer song is somewhat akin to marketing and anyway if a d/l was taken then it could automatically register a vote and auto-comment providing it was a fresh listener to that song?

Last edited by James Oakwood; 08-07-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 18:52 PM

Hip hop hummer limo driver

MezzerUK (WAP) will become famous soon enough
Smile

Do we need charts?.... I say no....

Why?... A: There are songs on this site from members that are studio recorded... music and vocals... these tracks dont even make the chart as artist(s) cant make the time over here...

B: Its scratch my back and i will scratch yours, play the game, get the votes... so its still not a fair reflection on the song or the position in the chart.

I agree that the community feel is important... but ive seen artists avoid a track from a fellow artist as they have their own track about to come out or they wait to the following monday to comment or vote so that it does not hinder their track.... that isc crazy?..

Music is for the love of creativity... to work with and meet others, like minded...

You may have noticed ive not uploaded for a couple of weeks?.... i wont be uploading much else from now on.... I have much respect for artists i have met here but im not playing silly games to get a song heard... crazy!!... Would people still listen and play the part in the community if the charts went?... well thats the question, im sure most would.. Should be about the music, not the chart place or how many mates you can get to vote... or be judged by age, i know ive been over-looeked by older artists who have ego's because they think they are older they know more and can make better tracks... dont work like that does it?...

Cheers
Old 08-07-2011, 20:50 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

you're like a yo-yo

I doubt anyone has left, come back, left...said they not gonna upload and then upload, as much as yourself

I do agree with quite alot of what you said...but it's all BS really.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion about people avoiding.
unless they have told you...other wise that's just in your own head or from personal experience.

I think the site as gone too far to take the chart away...it would have been ideal to do this when the site changed hands...I think been scared of losing members may have played a big factor why it's still here (my opinion)

I use a site, where they are thinking of implementing the no rate or comment = no download.

I think it's BS and does nothing in the long run...welcome to genericness

making people comment and rate is no way a benchmark (so please admin don't go that route)

Old 08-07-2011, 21:26 PM

First time at band camp

7 Wonders is on a distinguished road

Hi I have withdrawn my track from your competition because it was recieve many downloaded but no voting. If track is good enough for download, then good enough to vote and competition is not fair. Anska
Old 08-07-2011, 21:45 PM

Forum Moderator

Chemical Reaction is on a distinguished road

"Hi I have withdrawn my track from your competition because it was recieve many downloaded but no voting. If track is good enough for download, then good enough to vote and competition is not fair. Anska"

Hi, Anska, sorry to hear that. The competition is not going to be judged by site member voting, in fact people are asked not to vote on the competition page. They are not able to download from the competition page, so the downloads must be happening on your artist page. Let me check...

OK I just checked. You deleted the song from your page but your song is still on the competition page and so is still
in the competition.

If you want to leave the competition I can remove your song, but I think you're worrying over nothing!
People download tracks off artist's pages all the time without leaving comments or votes. Take it as a sign
that people like your track. Be assured that votes for a track on your page will not directly affect the outcome of the
competition.

I'll copy this to the correct thread which is in the contests and competitions thread.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Last edited by Chemical Reaction; 08-07-2011 at 21:52 PM..