Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Start Here > News, Features, Tips & Tricks

News, Features, Tips & Tricks News on site updates plus tips and tricks for using the site and forum

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 31-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spot of bad news re: site graphics
Darth Raver Darth Raver is offline 31-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Bit of bad news, folks.

Yesterday when I turned on my Mac there was a power outage, and after flipping the breaker everything came back on - except the Mac... I think the motherboard might be fried. It might take a few days to fix, or even weeks (if I have to order a replacement part).

Long story short, I can keep an eye on the site via iPhone, but it's gonna make certain administrative duties a bit difficult, and in the short term without access to my computer and design software I can't get any slide graphics done in the usual way, including (as I'd intended) a New Year's slide.

I will try to put one together using whatever iPhone graphics apps I can find, but can't make any guarantees as to the quality...

Just thought I let you know, so that if a weird, pixelated, badly laid out or composed slide goes up, it's not that admin don't care any more and threw up a half-assed job - it's very real and unfortunate technical problems at my end.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Hopefully we'll be back to normal ASAP.

Darth.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned

Darth Raver
Admin Group
Views: 869
Sponsored Links
Old 31-12-2014, 13:07 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

I put up a cheesy generic banner... Sorry guys
Seemed a better idea than putting up something site-specific but looking like it was designed pre-TRON...

In any case, Happy New Year!

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 31-12-2014, 13:16 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Well I like it Mart is DAMN handy with graphics ...so maybe rope in him somehow as well for some future slides?

X
Old 31-12-2014, 13:34 PM

Admin Group

Darth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond reputeDarth Raver has a reputation beyond repute

I can just picture Mart in the background throwing shapes like Basil Fawlty, miming: "Essence! ... For God's sake woman ... Shut up! ... What are you trying to do to me?"

In all seriousness, the idea of other people contributing site graphics has never really been explored, and would be most welcome especially in times if unforeseen hardware disasters like this.

If anyone would like to submit potential slides at any time, please note the dimensions are 964 x 422 pixels, and you have to be careful about the slide show control strip that will always obscure the bottom left of any finished slide.

Before I open a can of worms, the slides would have to be event, contest or site related rather than self promotion (or I might be battling back a flood of submissions). Although, this is one possible idea for the future of the site - artists ads on the main page slide show ?

Thanks for the kind words Ess - at least the sentiment in the cheesy slide is in the right place

D.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 31-12-2014, 13:57 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raver View Post
I can just picture Mart in the background throwing shapes like Basil Fawlty, miming: "Essence! ... For God's sake woman ... Shut up! ... What are you trying to do to me?"

Thanks for the kind words Ess - at least the sentiment in the cheesy slide is in the right place

D.
I'm fairly sure Mart is used to me pissing him off every now and then by now He's building up a good tolerance lol!

And yep the sentiment is there which is always appreciated
Old 21-01-2015, 22:19 PM
Member of The Human Race

LIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to beholdLIQUID is a splendid one to behold

I won't post a link and appear to be self promoting as this also a big up Mart post. A few years ago he did an animation to go with a piece of my music and it was awesome. He thinks I'm a bit of a ccensoredt these days but I say he's a seriously talented man

Music is the silence between the notes
- Claude Debussy

Last edited by LIQUID; 21-01-2015 at 22:21 PM..
Old 21-01-2015, 23:38 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID View Post
He thinks I'm a bit of a ct these days...
Not true,mate

In the spirit of peace and harmony,I lie here prostrate...in public...asking your forgiveness...

Seriously dude...sorry

Old 22-01-2015, 15:35 PM

Admin Group

What say you, Mart? Would you be up for creating a slide for Legacy's upcoming Spring comp? I have no access to photoshop or any decent design software right now so I'm kind of out of action for the near future..

Not to put undue pressure on Mart, if anyone else is up for the challenge, please let me know! Something to add to your design portfolio.

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned
Old 22-01-2015, 15:56 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Yep,no worries...I'll see what I can come up with over weekend

Old 22-01-2015, 17:14 PM

Admin Group

Thank you Sir! I owe you one.
The important things to remember are only "the dimensions are 964 x 422 pixels, and you have to be careful about the slide show control strip that will always obscure the bottom left of any finished slide."

I've seen your excellent work on the Exoticipher images, KtA, GravitySlip and more. Looking forward to seeing a KtA slide on the Carousel.

Cheers, Bro.

Darth

Follow Us On:
facebook.com/mp3unsigned

twitter.com/mp3unsigned