Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > Rant

Rant Something Annoying you, vent here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 29-09-2017, 13:21 PM  
Worse than "drop and run"
DJC DJC is offline 29-09-2017, 13:21 PM

There are always gonna be those who use this site as just another place to park their songs, no time or no interest in being part of the community. It's a free site, that's their choice and I respect that. What's chapping my ass is the new members who seem to think this place is a ready-made personal fan club for them and only leave comments on their own tunes after someone's given them a listen. I've got no beef with those who leave comments on their own songs thanking listeners, as long as I see them making time to listen to others on the site. If they've got talent, and are doing that, they'll get listens from me and I don't really care whether they check out my tunes or not. Seeing these guys push interesting, relevant comments from members of the community off the front page just to promote themselves and their tune....grrr. Find somewhere else to do it.

DJC
Backstage pass groupie
Views: 441
Old 01-10-2017, 18:01 PM
DarrenG

Thanks Ricky, Yeah I know you weren't. I totally agree with you regarding people just trying to get exposure for themselves. But I see that replying too much to comments can take space on the main home page.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 AM
*** VIP ***

tom joas is on a distinguished road

I know that in the "olden days" there was a very strict policy about commenting, but even then it was a fine line between constructive criticism and putting someone down. I sure had my share of very honest feedback which I am thankful for because it made me improve myself. However, for new members of the site the policy may not be that clear so I guess we have the typical Instragram/Twitter/Facebook behaviour here, no surprise.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:19 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

I didn't even notice that track comments were visible on the home page until I read this thread.

I just wrote a thank you for the comments I got on my last song - and this thread has made me aware that it's visible.

Wasn't even aware that was considered bad form - as far as I was concerned I was just being polite and thanking people for bothering to listen.