Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > Rant

Rant Something Annoying you, vent here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 29-09-2017, 13:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Worse than "drop and run"
DJC DJC is offline 29-09-2017, 13:21 PM

There are always gonna be those who use this site as just another place to park their songs, no time or no interest in being part of the community. It's a free site, that's their choice and I respect that. What's chapping my ass is the new members who seem to think this place is a ready-made personal fan club for them and only leave comments on their own tunes after someone's given them a listen. I've got no beef with those who leave comments on their own songs thanking listeners, as long as I see them making time to listen to others on the site. If they've got talent, and are doing that, they'll get listens from me and I don't really care whether they check out my tunes or not. Seeing these guys push interesting, relevant comments from members of the community off the front page just to promote themselves and their tune....grrr. Find somewhere else to do it.

DJC
Backstage pass groupie
Views: 441
Sponsored Links
Old 29-09-2017, 13:41 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately commenting and voting your own work is the new norm on here now days. Back in the day, you would have got hung drawn and quartered.

I stopped letting it bother me. Unless admin stamp it out its pointless letting it bother you. I have started to not vote certain tracks when I know cheating is going off. Cheating in my head as I go by the old site rules. Allot of the newer members won't know those rules but are aware of them. They just choose to not follow them.

Old 30-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Sidewalk moonwalker

ericsaitz is on a distinguished road

Hey Dave
This post caught my eye. I don’t like it either (people commenting on their own songs) But it’s always been that way with the new ones. At least as long as I've been posting. Most catch on quick and stop but a few never stop. It doesn’t bother me anymore. I think I’d almost rather see them commenting on their own tracks than not commenting at all. At least it’s someone new posting and not the same ten or twelve of us. I’ll cut them a little slack. ��

Peace my friends
Eric

Last edited by ericsaitz; 30-09-2017 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: Not being nice
Old 30-09-2017, 03:23 AM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Is it necessary to pick on one member like that?

Old 30-09-2017, 03:37 AM
Sidewalk moonwalker

ericsaitz is on a distinguished road

No it is not!
Apologies

Last edited by ericsaitz; 30-09-2017 at 04:16 AM..
Old 30-09-2017, 14:19 PM
Backstage pass groupie

DJC is on a distinguished road

I'm with Ricky on this issue; I miss the old days here too when admin was more involved and rules were tighter. Ha ha, and the battles that would ensue when folks would try to get around them! Those were fun too.

Part of what makes mp3u an interesting place to visit, is the comment section on the front page, unfortunately there's only room for a few there. When that space is taken up by someone tooting their own horn it pushes others off. I often rely on interesting comments seen there to steer me toward interesting songs.

I can understand someone wanting to express gratitude for getting a listen, or wanting to respond to a query raised in a comment. One way others have found to do that is to visit a song on the page of the person who raised the question and leave your reply in a comment there, actually they're much more likely to actually see it if you do. Or make use of this forum, which is underused more often than not.
Old 30-09-2017, 14:42 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Back in the day there was a community on here (forum) and they were more or less been admin, back then there was really only one admin and that was Stew and I think most people respected him so it was harder to be sneaky because he was on to it straight away. But the members kept each other in check too.

We don't have this now, Before if anyone was taking the piss the community would sort it and the piss taking was much less. Now its all done via artist pages and comments, and its mainly just friends commenting on other friends. Back then a collab with multiple artists wouldn't rate and comment their own because they would get removed or questioned on the forum.

This is what I miss most about here. Now we are getting 3-6 artist collabs and they're commenting and rating it. Now if we had a community this wouldn't be allowed because sh*t would hit the fan, This is why I now choose to not vote on certain tracks. If more people did this it would soon stop. remember back then it would take 30+ votes now 10-12 is more likely and if you think some of the larger collabs are voting that's anything from 3-6 sneaky votes. Thats up to 50% of the vote.

Old 30-09-2017, 23:34 PM
Backstage pass groupie

DJC is on a distinguished road

I remember Stew, he bid me a warm welcome even after I'd posted one of the worst songs I've ever done that I posted shortly after arriving here, a bit called "Prairie Dogs" Whatever became of him?

I suppose it's pointless wishing it could be like it was, times have changed. It would be great if more artists would get involved, and become a part of this community. As Eric mentioned, it does seem like there's no more than a dozen of us making any kind of effort at listening, really listening to songs posted here. Getting to know the artists a little through their involvement with the community adds something that really appeals to me...when I've time and I'm ready to listen to new music, this is where I come.
Old 01-10-2017, 13:06 PM

*** GIT ***

James Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the roughJames Oakwood is a jewel in the rough

I agree. The thank-you reply-comment is just plain self-serving and I noticed it right now on the front page from someone who Ricky has just recently commented on.

Maybe (if anyone were able or bothered to change things) it would be a simple exercise in code to prevent self-comments appearing. As for collabs, that would be a tad harder without a self-declaration of being part of the collab.
Old 01-10-2017, 13:31 PM

Wub My Ballz

To be honest that kind of commenting on your own tracks doesn't really bother me. Hes clearly just thanking or answering questions. Darren is very active with comments. Some of the guys I notice doing the same only comment on their own stuff. Like I said Darren is very active with leaving feedback on other artists. Comments on your own tracks doesn't really bother me but I can see why it bothers others. Its better they do it on their own than thank you on your own track with no feedback about the track they left a comment on. That is annoying lol