Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > Rant

Rant Something Annoying you, vent here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 26-02-2018, 21:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am Going To Murder My Neighbor
ericsaitz ericsaitz is offline 26-02-2018, 21:27 PM

I have a neighbor who is now retired who bangs on his tractor for hours at a time. He is setting and resetting plow blades for snow plowing or mower decks for lawn trimming.

Last summer he went from mowing an annoying three times a week to EVERY DAY! It's a free country and he's not doing it to purposely annoy me ( I don't think) but I'm going nuts.

I now have five new songs that are ready but I can't get into any recording session long enough to finish. I may have to move my studio to the other side of my house or kill him and burry his body where no one will find it.

At this point I'm leaning towards the later.

Last edited by ericsaitz; 26-02-2018 at 21:30 PM..

ericsaitz
Streetcorner breakdancer
Views: 369
Sponsored Links
Old 27-02-2018, 01:56 AM
Streetcorner breakdancer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

I'm only joking
Old 27-02-2018, 14:21 PM
DarrenG

That would drive me mad too. You'll have to run over him with his own lawn mower
I have a neighbour who lets dog bark all the time. I'm an animal lover, but I wish someone would shoot that one !
Old 27-02-2018, 14:44 PM
Streetcorner breakdancer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenG View Post
That would drive me mad too. You'll have to run over him with his own lawn mower
I have a neighbour who lets dog bark all the time. I'm an animal lover, but I wish someone would shoot that one !
I was still recording my drums at 11:30 last night and it was loud!! What else can I do I’ve got to record ��
Old 27-02-2018, 15:14 PM
DarrenG

I hope you kept him awake lol
Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 AM
Streetcorner breakdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenG View Post
I hope you kept him awake lol
No Darren I try to be a polite neighbor. ps I don't want the police sniffing around I love the old guy and I've know him a long time.

I just hope he finds a new hobby soon!

I'm hopeful to have a new tune to share.
The melody/chorus are done but I' am searching for a new sound.
Wish me luck
Peace
Eric
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 AM
Pub band singer

DJC is on a distinguished road

Wishing you luck! Yeah, sound pollution has always been a bit of a problem around here, often it's me that's doing the polluting, lol.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Hip hop hummer limo driver

tbwig is on a distinguished road

ahhh...the neighbour. Seems we could all use a little Mr. Rogers living next door Wish you all the best, as you experiment with your gorgeous new recording rig (mesmerized by the coloured lights)...whenever you are able to, E. Liked the idea of soliciting your neighbour's quartet for backing vocals. That is a creatiove solution. Build bridges, not walls
Old 18-03-2018, 19:49 PM

*** VIP ***

Ffabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud ofFfabbia has much to be proud of

We had the police out to our neighbour last week.

We live one the second floor of a three-story council flat - which, for the benefit of our chums from over the Atlantic, is a kind of social housing provided by the local authority for those who fit the requirements. Rents are typically cheaper than privately rented accommodation, and you've got more tenants' rights (you can't just be evicted due to a landlord's desire to sell off his property, as happened to us in our first home).

In any case we had a man move into the flat below us last year. He's one of those who's in his 60s, but still quite intimidating-looking. Big, broad, skinhead haircut, Lots of home-drawn tattoos - that kind of thing. Obviously an old trouble maker who is now starting to get a bit past it. He soon revealed himself to be also quite a bully.

At first it was just sporadic issues, he'd bang on our front door and tells us to stop putting the toilet seat down so hard, stop slamming doors, turn the music off - that kind of thing. This often occurred when when my wife and I were both in bed fast asleep! Obviously we weren't doing any of the things he was accusing of. Regardless we both tried to be more careful, lowering the toilet seat more gently etc.

As for the 'loud music' he was accusing us of playing, this same man regularly started to come home drunk at around one am on a Friday night and blast out music of his own until around five! Nothing we could do to stop it. Tried knocking on his door, he'd just never answer. My wife and I had no choice but to lie there, wide awake, listening to thumping dance music blasting out from below at ear-splitting volumes.

The last time he came up and complained to us - accusing us of having 'kids who were jumping up and down' (we have no children, and none were staying with us - there was no 'jumping up and down' whatsoever) he told us in no uncertain terms that he was going to 'get us out' because we were 'bad neighbours'.

Two weeks ago, we were both woken up with a start to the sound of someone repeatedly thumping and kicking our front door. Each kick and thump was punctuated by a ranting scream of drunken abuse and four letter words. He was going to 'make us pay', and 'do us both in'. He'd teach us not to slam doors anymore! He knew people who would 'break every bone in our body'. This continued for several hours, with repeated swearing, abuse and threats.

Eventually he went back downstairs to his own flat and turned on his music at max volume. The music was periodically interrupted by loud crashes and bangs, and screaming insults.

My wife was absolutely terrified, and almost in shock. I was pretty scared too. Hearing some maniac smashing the crap out of your door with his boots and screaming threats at you in the early hours of the morning is no joke.

I called the police, only to be told that there was nobody available to come out at that time, and could I please report it to the council the next morning. My own fault - I should probably dialled the emergency services, not the local police, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Police came out the next day. Apparently none of the other neighbours had heard anything - but I think they are just too scared to speak to the police, in case this guy turns his fury on them.

Now we're just waiting to see what happens. Not heard a thing from this guy since last week - which is pretty encouraging. Maybe the cops have scared him into silence.

Old 19-03-2018, 01:14 AM
Streetcorner breakdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffabbia View Post
We had the police out to our neighbour last week.

We live one the second floor of a three-story council flat - which, for the benefit of our chums from over the Atlantic, is a kind of social housing provided by the local authority for those who fit the requirements. Rents are typically cheaper than privately rented accommodation, and you've got more tenants' rights (you can't just be evicted due to a landlord's desire to sell off his property, as happened to us in our first home).

In any case we had a man move into the flat below us last year. He's one of those who's in his 60s, but still quite intimidating-looking. Big, broad, skinhead haircut, Lots of home-drawn tattoos - that kind of thing. Obviously an old trouble maker who is now starting to get a bit past it. He soon revealed himself to be also quite a bully.

At first it was just sporadic issues, he'd bang on our front door and tells us to stop putting the toilet seat down so hard, stop slamming doors, turn the music off - that kind of thing. This often occurred when when my wife and I were both in bed fast asleep! Obviously we weren't doing any of the things he was accusing of. Regardless we both tried to be more careful, lowering the toilet seat more gently etc.

As for the 'loud music' he was accusing us of playing, this same man regularly started to come home drunk at around one am on a Friday night and blast out music of his own until around five! Nothing we could do to stop it. Tried knocking on his door, he'd just never answer. My wife and I had no choice but to lie there, wide awake, listening to thumping dance music blasting out from below at ear-splitting volumes.

The last time he came up and complained to us - accusing us of having 'kids who were jumping up and down' (we have no children, and none were staying with us - there was no 'jumping up and down' whatsoever) he told us in no uncertain terms that he was going to 'get us out' because we were 'bad neighbours'.

Two weeks ago, we were both woken up with a start to the sound of someone repeatedly thumping and kicking our front door. Each kick and thump was punctuated by a ranting scream of drunken abuse and four letter words. He was going to 'make us pay', and 'do us both in'. He'd teach us not to slam doors anymore! He knew people who would 'break every bone in our body'. This continued for several hours, with repeated swearing, abuse and threats.

Eventually he went back downstairs to his own flat and turned on his music at max volume. The music was periodically interrupted by loud crashes and bangs, and screaming insults.

My wife was absolutely terrified, and almost in shock. I was pretty scared too. Hearing some maniac smashing the crap out of your door with his boots and screaming threats at you in the early hours of the morning is no joke.

I called the police, only to be told that there was nobody available to come out at that time, and could I please report it to the council the next morning. My own fault - I should probably dialled the emergency services, not the local police, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Police came out the next day. Apparently none of the other neighbours had heard anything - but I think they are just too scared to speak to the police, in case this guy turns his fury on them.

Now we're just waiting to see what happens. Not heard a thing from this guy since last week - which is pretty encouraging. Maybe the cops have scared him into silence.
I'll stop complaining now.
I sure hope he moves soon!
Peace
Eric