Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Artists > Showcase

Showcase Heard someone you like ?? Let us know about it

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 16-12-2014, 11:40 AM  
Fokker
tbwig tbwig is offline 16-12-2014, 11:40 AM

I have followed Fokker's music for a few years on mp3u, trying to leave comments and learn more about this enigmatic band. It wasn't until I heard a track on BBC Tees that I learned he/they were from that area of the UK. I always thought they were from Germany, given that a few tracks reference that country. One of my favourite tracks is called A German Car in an American Night .

I heard Fokker again, this weekend. BBC Introducing airplay is not the be-all and end-all but it is something to note when it does happen.

Congratulations to Fokker ! And Merry Fokking Christmas to one and all

Terry
Fokker's music can be found here by clicking the link below:

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists

tbwig
Hip hop hummer limo driver
Views: 871
Old 20-12-2014, 12:55 PM

Village Idiot

KtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud ofKtA has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink sali View Post
I'm with Terry. Listen to the music before you make a statement on an artist.
Et tu,Brute?

FYI guys...I've listened to his tracks long before this thread. That's why I responded when Terry said the guy wasn't German. I was under the impression he was...because it says so on his page. That's called fraud

Maybe Terry knows more than he's letting on..?

A little geography lesson for those across the pond...
Germany is not in Fokking England!

Sponsored Links
Old 20-12-2014, 14:39 PM
Hip hop hummer limo driver

tbwig is on a distinguished road
Default doesn't really matter where Fokker is from

It was a simple idea to spotlight an mp3u artist by using a thread called Showcase on the Forum, and it has become a bold print, red ink and banner affair. Really?

To me, the country of origin does not matter. The enigma of the shtick is similar to acting, I suppose. That artists choose a persona and create an identity is all part of the creative process. Musicians use "acting", role-playing etc, all elements more commonly found in theatre, so often I just accept that we may not really be who we portray. It is all part of the mystery. If the artists chooses to let any of the listeners in on the reality, well, that is entirely up to him/them. I respect their creativity, and live with the enigma. In the end, the mystery adds to the music, in my opinion, and it is the music that I am recommending.

A simple, "yeah, me too," or, "Gee, how did I miss this band?" or possibly a, "Thanks for pointing out an artist I had missed." - these would be the usual response to a thread such as this. And, I guess, that is all I was hoping for in this thread.

Merry Christmas mp3u!

T

Last edited by tbwig; 21-12-2014 at 15:03 PM.. Reason: typo