Go Back   MP3Unsigned Forum > Chat > Success Stories

Success Stories Nothing better than good news, tell all here

""

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 30-07-2014, 19:11 PM  
success has many forms
TWig 30-07-2014, 19:11 PM

Just a thought, in light or Pete's comment on the Court of Public Opinion, regarding what is meant by the term success.

I think BBC Introducing is a great program for local artists, and I am glad to have helped with some songs getting a local announcer's attention. It is not THE measure of success for music, by any stretch of the imagination. It is but one indicator of something beyond MP3U for the music being featured and that is good and to be celebrated. I don't think it is a measure of arriving at a plateau, but it is something different for a lot of us, and for those who never thought they would ever hear their own stuff on public (or even private) air play, it is a grand thing and worthy of a few laughs and a Moosehead toast.

Other measures are around, and I do wish others would draw our community attention to the other forms of success. I have noticed, in the past, someone getting a song placed in a video, or even within a game. There may even a public performance of a song, or a cuing of a track on a dance floor. I have not heard much of these things, so it would be nice to learn of more successes, apart from BBC Introducing.

I would like to note Guy Frisson, a songwriter, but not a musician, who is posting his ideas to his page and he is simply an artist speaking, chanting, rendering out a lyric, and inviting the participation of musicians on mp3u to support his offerings. Coming alongside of an artist like this, and helping, is also a form of success. When we support others, we are encouraging greater exdpression, more risk-taking, more experimentation, and that is good for everyone, I think. Do we learn of these seemingly more modest endeavours? Not really, and it is our loss.

I recall Andy mentioning playing live at his daughter's graduation. Awesome! Andy is not one to toot his own horn , much but does anyone besides myself know of these things? Perhaps there are other unmentioned successes out there on mp3u. We all need to hear of these things. It helps us all when we learn of all the variety of ways music created by artists on mp3u is getting out. Someone helping, someone performing, someone doing something, anywhere, anyhow, anytime, that builds others up, supports the cause of music, recording, performance, creativity, and expression. Let's hear from you!!

BBC Introducing is great, and I celebrate all those from mp3u who have enjoyed that success! Now let's hear of all the other successes!!

TWig
Views: 1664
Old 07-12-2014, 18:39 PM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wookie View Post
If anybody wants to see pictures and reviews then google DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT
Sweet!!! I would have loved to see you in action . Thanks for sharing that link my friend....
Take care
Eric
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 20:25 PM

Misery Warlock

Black Wookie is on a distinguished road
Default Now, now....

The band has been active for 9 years nearly and this last tour was one of many we have done across the UK, Europe, USA and Japan. We retain anonymity (no album credits beyond our first initials and all promo photos are of us wearing balaclavas) for a number of reason but also as a personal aesthetic. None of us are in this to be rock stars or make money.

We just want to make the most coruscating amount of noise possible in as many ways as we know how or can dream up

The band has many members and affiliates but there are actually only two founding members active in the band (I am one of them!). As for which one I am, I will leave you to figure it out

I will tell you that I am the principle writer, but that's your lot!
Old 08-12-2014, 21:10 PM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

Spoiler

Or

Last edited by Disfunktional-DJs; 08-12-2014 at 21:23 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 02:13 AM
High school drummer

ericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura aboutericsaitz has a spectacular aura about

Nice post Ricky!!!! Who's that other guy??? Anyone we know?
Eric
Old 09-12-2014, 02:19 AM

Wub My Ballz

Disfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enoughDisfunktional-DJs will become famous soon enough

The very drunk bald guy is me and the very drunk cousin IT look alike is Andy aka wookie. It was a long day (My Wedding)

Old 09-12-2014, 18:14 PM
High school drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post
The very drunk bald guy is me and the very drunk cousin IT look alike is Andy aka wookie. It was a long day (My Wedding)
I thought so... Sweet. You both look like you had pretty good time. Ricky you look like you had a slightly better time lol.... That's awesome
Old 10-12-2014, 20:24 PM

*** VIP ***

Essence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of lightEssence is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunktional-DJs View Post

Are you prepping a line.....or rolling a large one? I can't quite decide Ricky?
Old 11-12-2014, 14:29 PM

Misery Warlock

Black Wookie is on a distinguished road

Hahahaha awesome! That was a very good day indeed Mr. Mancini. Wasn't long after that I quit drinking and smoking too